Holland America Rotterdam Cabin Selection

Hello. I am planning to book a cruise on HAL Rotterdam. I have never been on Holland America before. It's the transatlantic The Netherlands to Ft. Lauderdale on Oct 12, 2024. I'm looking for a mid/aft cabin and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on cabins 5145 vs 7116 vs 6169. If you have another recommendation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Randy

47 minutes ago, randylevy01 said:

Hello. I am planning to book a cruise on HAL Rotterdam. I have never been on Holland America before. It's the transatlantic The Netherlands to Ft. Lauderdale on Oct 12, 2024. I'm looking for a mid/aft cabin and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on cabins 5145 vs 7116 vs 6169. If you have another recommendation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Randy

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the HAL Forum.

Your chosen "bump-out" staterooms will have the wind, while the ship is moving, potentially interrupting your balcony use.  To truly escape the wind on your balcony while the ship is moving, suggest you select an aft-facing stateroom.

The rooms I mentioned are no longer available. I have the option of booking 4154 which is not obstructed, double size balcony but is next to a crew staircase. One site listed this room as one of the best but I wonder about noise all night long from staff and crew. 

Has anyone stayed in 5154 or 5152.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, randylevy01 said:

PS. I mistyped the Cabin #. It's 4154 and 4152. 

There are some notes on the comparable cabin on the Nieuw Statendam, where NS's 4154 is R'dam's 4152, here:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4154-nieuw-statendam/

States, rarely hearing crew noises. If you are people who like to be on your balcony, jump on this one! 

Go for it we had the cabin with extended balcony on Nieuw Statendam and it was great never heard any noise. You must have got a cancellation because these ones usually go first.

October in Europe? its a big place but weather in Spain Italy Greece etc should be warm to hot.

Happy Planning

• Like 2

17 hours ago, randylevy01 said:

Now I'm just trying to decide if it is even too cold for me to have a balcony room in Europe in October.

There was a wool blanket in our balcony cabin for use on the veranda (in the bin over the couch). If you don't find one, ask your cabin steward for one.

• Thanks 1