Apex not to be missed

40 minutes ago, flyerbrp said:

Just walked off Apex this morning and sitting at Heathrow waiting to fly to EWR. 7 day Norwegian Fjord and Bruges. The entertainment was wonderful. Comedian Paul Boardman was pretty funny. Savanah and Jesse HamiltonJunior were very good. But the biggest thrill and experience was Tribute to the Beatles the last night. Do not miss the show if you like the Beatles. Go even if you don’t. 

IMG_2382.jpeg

The tribute acts have, IMO, gotten quite stale, no matter how good the performers are.  I wish their entertainment department would get more creative.

• Haha 1

the Billy Joel afternoon tribute entertainer on Ascent in  the Martini Bar area  was SRO and  truly outstanding.   Better than many production or solo entertainer  shows we have enjoyed on X ships!

Some of the shows in E Class are very creative but seems on other ships they still repeat and repeat the tired old dogs

On 6/13/2024 at 6:39 AM, Ducky_01 said:

Street Curling in the club was good fun, if looking for something to do on a sea day. Also, the lunchtime soups, sandwiches and salads at Eden cafe are excellent. On a nice day, there's outdoor seating on the starboard side of Eden, adjacent to the cafe.

Yes, the street Curling and music ɓingo were both really fun.

I’m not a Beetles fan, (sorry I know this is shocking to a lot of people) I’m an Abba girl! 
But I will probably still go and see this show. 

I am wondering whether to pay £75pp for Eden - it’s a 4 night cruise so maybe the main dining will suffice it seems a LOT of extra cost for one meal. We usually love the speciality dining (Murano is my favourite) 

Maybe a breakfast or lunch in Eden might be a more reasonable option. 

19 hours ago, lola2013 said:

I don’t remember that show when I sailed on Apex this past December.  Hopefully it’s available when I return this December

Hopefully they do another invasion to America.😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladylemondrop said:

I am wondering whether to pay £75pp for Eden - it’s a 4 night cruise so maybe the main dining will suffice it seems a LOT of extra cost for one meal. We usually love the speciality dining (Murano is my favourite) 

Soon-to-be Edge-class first-timer here.

I am understanding that there are a number of free breakfast and lunch selections in Eden.  

Based on the overwhelmingly positive Eden dinner reviews, I bit the bullet and pre-booked a reservation for dinner on our upcoming Beyond sailing.  I was able to catch a flash sale advertised in my email here in the States over a year ahead of our sailing.  For the two us, we are in it for approximately US$108 including gratuity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not a Beetles fan, (sorry I know this is shocking to a lot of people) I’m an Abba girl! 

Funny, our four night cruise had a ABBA singalong in the Club, and there was a queue to join. I remember this because my DW is not an ABBA fan. 

Re: Eden, you won’t be disappointed- we did this on Beyond a year ago. Having said that, on the short cruise we were equally happy with the buffet selection - I think you’re less likely to get bored when you have limited time on the ship. The Eden cafe is open certain days (sea days?) for breakfast and lunch, and that is free. Between that, the buffet, and MDRs we found that was enough. Any longer, and we likely would have indulged in a specialty restaurant or two. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This was our 35th cruise with 4 different companies-Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, and Virgin. We have scheduled Princess for next February . This is the first cruise we did a dinner package. We did a 3 night package-Eden, Le Petite Chef, and Fine Cut Steakhouse at $217 per person. Your question about value is subjective and I can only offer what our experience was. We are glad we did this once but will probably continue with the main dining offerings. Each of the 3 restaurants we chose had strengths but Cosmopolitan on Apex was fine. The ribeye at Fine Cut was good, but the location of the restaurant in the mid section of the ship with all the loud music, noise and commotion detracted from the high end ambience.
By the way you can ask for the menus from Normandie and Tuscan which we did. The one experience that can’t be replicated in main dining was Le Petit Chef. Food was actually special and the AI show was pretty special. Making your dinner table and plate a stage was very entertaining. 

IMG_2392.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2340.jpeg

Edited by flyerbrp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we actually prefer the Rooftop Garden Grill over Fine Cut in part due to the more peaceful location of the Rooftop Garden Grill.

As far as the Main Dining Rooms, Cosmopolitan definitely had the best service.  Normandie's service was also.excellent.  Service in Tuscan was a little slower.  Didn't care for our waiter in Cyprus.

15 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

Eden Restaurant (which only serves dinner) and Eden Café are completely different venues and experiences although they are physically in the same general area.

Eden Café is a place where you order at the counter and wait for your pager to alert to pick up your food. They also have some self-serve items.There are tables inside and outside to sit at to enjoy your breakfast or lunch.  Its much more casual food.

Eden Restaurant is a full service restaurant with views of the wake.  All food is freshly made to order within the exhibition kitchen.  I enjoyed both when I eat there on Beyond.  

For a four day cruise I would suggest you skip Eden Restaurant even though I think it's the best food on the ship.  Save your £75pp for a fancy dinner ashore.  Try out the four MDRs.  

I'm doing Apex's fall transatlantic and bought the Unlimited Specialty Dining package so I'll try to eat in Eden Restaurant three or four nights on the trip. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

personally, while we enjoyed   EDEN (regular menu) very much.. I do not think it's worth  that price when there are other possible  choices  

• Like 1

Yes £75 per person is a lot! The pricing seems a lot higher for uk guests. Maybe I’ll ask onboard if they have any discounts. I am sure the main dining will be enough though for 4 nights. It’s been great hearing the tips about the different menus and how you can order from any of them in MDR. 
thanks everyone. 

• Like 1

I keep looking at food’ photos and see nothing enticing.  Maybe that’s a good thing, but my next cruise will tell the story.  Just because I’m paying for it doesn’t mean I have to eat it.  Of course, when it comes to my caramel macchiato’s, my gut says to have one🤷‍♀️. Pricing only seems high if you do not enjoy the meal.  Eden’s dinner for us resulted in the money being returned to our OBC which is not the norm, as usually everyone raves about it.  Our waiter just was not having a good night because he spent all his time with a big table, resulting in rushed service and uncooked food.