Volendam Embarkation on 7/15 out of Montreal was changed. Anyone know when boarding begins??

Hi all...

I am sailing on the Volendam out of Montreal this Saturday.  All details have been sorted and reviewed but I have an unanswered question.

Our sail away time was moved to 7p.m (for "operational" reasons) but I have not been able to find or figure out what time we can embark.  Everyone in our sailing party has CO and there is also one person sailing in a Neptune.

Does anyone have any information re: when we can get to the port to embark?

Thanks as always!!

I'm sailing in July but our time leaving Montreal has also changed to 7PM.

From my understanding, boarding still starts at 12. The time is listed on your boarding pass.

A later than originally listed departure time for "operational reasons" does not affect boarding of new pax. That completely depends on the disembarkation process of the pax of the voyage before you and the turnaround time needed by the HK stewards and galley crew. Boarding time in Montreal for the OP and fellow "incoming" pax will still be the same as originally listed. Enjoy that Montreal to Boston voyage!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were on Volendam recently.  Departure was delayed to 7 pm because the ship cannot operate at optimal speed when leaving early.  The current alone is about 5 knots between Montreal and Quebec.  Drop off your bags, have lunch in the Lido and walk around the port.

Boarding starts at normal times.  A few lucky ones will be onboard shortly after 11am. 

We're going again in September and will get there before noon.  

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Boarding will still start by noon, probably before.

The "operational needs" might be tides in the St Lawrence River. 

Yes Sir, and more specifically the currents, which can be strong at times, requiring tug boat assistance for departing/arriving cruise ships, as well as being able to sail under the Laviolette Bridge at Trois-Rivieres (three rivers) and the Quebec and Pierre Laporte bridges, west of Quebec City

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Boarding will still start by noon, probably before.

The "operational needs" might be tides in the St Lawrence River. 

Yes the tides have a lot to do with departures times in Montreal. I know on our itinerary for arriving in Montreal in August says, "Debark Ship Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Times Subject To Tidal Conditions"

11 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

I will be getting off in Montreal on the 15th. I've had a wonderful 2 weeks and wish you the same!

Happytotravel 

Thank you and so glad you had a wonderful 2 weeks!   Really looking forward to beginning the voyage tomorrow!