Husband and Wife travelling - cabins available with no single supplement - benefit to booking 2 cabins?

Posted (edited)

Husband and Wife travelling - there are cabins available with no single supplement - is there a benefit to booking 2 cabins?  Seems crazy, but would this mean you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2.  And each traveller would get excursion credits.  And daily service fee would be the same total for 1 in each cabin as 2 in one cabin.

Thoughts?

Edited by podgeandrodge

This also works when one person wants to drink but not the other. You don’t both have to have the package. I met a couple last year they had an interior room and a balcony but both used the balcony.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Husband and Wife traveling - there are cabins available with no single supplement - is there a benefit to booking 2 cabins?  Seems crazy, but would this mean you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2.  And each traveler would get excursion credits.  And daily service fee would be the same total for 1 in each cabin as 2 in one cabin.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me... extra space to relax!

• Like 2

The only part of your post that won't work is the "you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2"

If you mean FAS meals, sailing solo you only get two (in a balcony with long enough cruise) FAS meals, not 4.  Sailing together in the same cabin, there would be 4 meals (2 each).

If you mean latitude meals, " Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. "

• Like 1

Just now, DorothyB said:

The only part of your post that won't work is the "you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2"

If you mean FAS meals, sailing solo you only get two (in a balcony with long enough cruise) FAS meals, not 4.  Sailing together in the same cabin, there would be 4 meals (2 each).

If you mean latitude meals, " Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. "

Not true.  I am solo and travel with a friend who is also solo. We both get 2 dinners for 2 with our Latitude perk so we share 4 dinners. The disclaimer means that a solo does not get 4 dinners with 2 coupons.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Not true.  I am solo and travel with a friend who is also solo. We both get 2 dinners for 2 with our Latitude perk so we share 4 dinners. The disclaimer means that a solo does not get 4 dinners with 2 coupons.

Good!  I am traveling solo twice in the next 9 months 🙂

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

Am I right on the doubling up of the Latitude dinner vouchers - or would they say, no, you're breaking the rules!

You are correct. You’d each get a set of 2 platinum vouchers (assuming that’s what you meant). Each voucher is good for 2 people, so each would get 4 latitude specialty dining plus your FAS…so 6 total on a 7 day cruise. If you do FAS+ those extra sd vouchers cannot be shared though. I often cruise  with my mom, always separate cabins and we do this every cruise (1 plat 1 sapphire).
The only other rub would be if you got vibe cabanas. They include 2 access passes but you can only include others in your cabin. I end up paying the full boat price for 2 but it only includes me (still worth it tho).

• Like 2

Thanks all!  (Yes, was talking about platinum/sapphire etc. vouchers).  Whether we actually book 2 cabins for the extra meals, and then have a sort of "hello cabin attendant, we're messing around like this", is another question.  And checking in twice etc.  Seems a bit more hassle than worth it...but....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

And checking in twice etc.  Seems a bit more hassle than worth it...but....

I really can't see much hassle. Why check in twice? Each of you check in for your room. You then go to guest services and get a spare key for the room you intend to share. Inform the cabon attendant if you feel it  would be appropriate. No big deal!

• Like 3

i dont know, im no goody 2 shoes,  but i'm absolutely amazed at the lengths people will go to to game the system. even if this idea would work, it seems to me the cost of booking a second cabin would outweigh the benefits of extra meals and the paltry $50 off shore excursions.

finally, im sure the cabin steward wouldnt give a rats tushie  about what ever these two people are up to

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks all!  (Yes, was talking about platinum/sapphire etc. vouchers).  Whether we actually book 2 cabins for the extra meals, and then have a sort of "hello cabin attendant, we're messing around like this", is another question.  And checking in twice etc.  Seems a bit more hassle than worth it...but....

If you do this, you should let the cabin attendant for the unused one know, just so they don't think one of you is MIA or in distress..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, complawyer said:

i dont know, im no goody 2 shoes,  but i'm absolutely amazed at the lengths people will go to to game the system. even if this idea would work, it seems to me the cost of booking a second cabin would outweigh the benefits of extra meals and the paltry $50 off shore excursions.

finally, im sure the cabin steward wouldnt give a rats tushie  about what ever these two people are up to

it was only going to be done when the cost of the two cabins was the same as two in one cabin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ngrund said:

it was only going to be done when the cost of the two cabins was the same as two in one cabin

Exactly.

As it turns out, there is a single supplement today, but there wasn't yesterday, so it's a moot point now anyway. 😄

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

hey, a rose is a rose, no matter how you interpret their intent, they are still trying to game the system.

I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I fail to see how you see this as gaming the system.  If NCL are happy for no single supplement to apply, and 2 adults to book separate cabins, then that is that.  I actually mentioned it earlier to my NCL cruise consultant and he said "hey, way to go!".

But as mentioned, I don't really do a lot of speciality meals anyway so probably would not have bothered.  But for some it could be well worth it, especially if wanting excursion credits doubled too.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, complawyer said:

hey, a rose is a rose, no matter how you interpret their intent, they are still trying to game the system.

Yes, but this is not as egregious a scheme as some I've heard about. I do not like that NCL will not give the meal vouchers to each passenger if both are eligible. I 100% understand and agree if only 1 passenger is.

Edited by ngrund
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

If the cost is the same, I know I would do it for the extra Platinum coupons and $50 shore excursion credit.   

Forgot to add also in our case an extra $100 in OBC.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

If the cost is the same, I know I would do it for the extra Platinum coupons and $50 shore excursion credit.   

Yeah I don’t see it as gaming the system at end of day they would be paying for two cabins 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Yes. Solo passengers who are platinum or higher can bring a guest -- I have been a guest. What a solo passenger can't do is claim two dinners per voucher for him/herself.

• Like 1