Back to back arrangements

We have never taken a B2B on P&O so unsure of the procedure. On Celebrity you pack your “loose” belongings and leave everything hanging. A room attendant then removes everything and places it in the new cabin. I know turn around is a very busy time for them so not sure how much help we will get on Iona. If we have to do it all ourselves I’m worried about having to be out of cabin 1 at 8am and not being able to access cabin 2 for a few hours. Any advice would be helpful. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sandancer said:

We have never taken a B2B on P&O so unsure of the procedure. On Celebrity you pack your “loose” belongings and leave everything hanging. A room attendant then removes everything and places it in the new cabin. I know turn around is a very busy time for them so not sure how much help we will get on Iona. If we have to do it all ourselves I’m worried about having to be out of cabin 1 at 8am and not being able to access cabin 2 for a few hours. Any advice would be helpful. 

You go straight from one cabin to another, so the 8am rule does not apply. The new cabin should be available by about 10am, and you need to collect a new card from reception.  The crew want to get your cabin ready for the next occupant obviously.  Tell reception when you are ready to move and someone will come along with a hanging rail on wheels that has a flat base for cases and bags.  We have usually moved some stuff ourselves and have kept hold of our safe contents particularly.  If you have everything in cases or other bags though, it can be probably be done easily in one move.  We just throw some things in carrier bags, rather than pack cases tightly and also prefer to go back and double check there is nothing left in the original cabin before taking our old card to reception though. The cabin stewards will want to keep the same number of hangers, so we just count the required ones out from the new cabin and the member of staff with the hanging rail will take them back, if needed.

We changed over in Southampton last September and were asked to use the crew exit/entrance to the ship when we went out.  

Once we only moved a few cabins along, so just did it ourselves, which seemed easier TBH.  

Edited by tring

Posted (edited)

I've just done 2 back to backs on Britannia. Last time I did this, I kept the same cabin, so all I had to do was go to breakfast, give the steward a chance to service it, and collect a new cruise card from Reception any time after 9am. This time I had to move, to the cabin directly one deck below. I did wonder if I'd have to repack and hurl my suitcase over the balcony rail, but no, it was effortless. I had a letter from the Deck Manager asking me to pack loose stuff from cupbords and drawers in my case, and leave that next to the hanging rail with clothes still on. While I had breakfast and collected a new card, my stuff was moved. I also had to re register my credit or debit card at Reception.

I sat over a coffee for a while, then went to my new cabin to find everything tidy; because I had put the contents of each cupboard or shelf into a plastic bag I just had to open my case, empty everything out, put my valuables in the safe and stow the case, less than 10 minutes' work. I then went to the second cruise "Priority Lunch" to which I'd been sent an invitation. Oh and there was a nice box of chocolate truffles welcoming me back for the second cruise, left in the new cabin.

Edited by Clodia
typo
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mrs applehead said:

When you get your new cruise card it's a good time to book any restaurants you want before anyone else gets on.

We have a lot of onboard spend for the second of a B2B later this year and would like to book a couple of excursions onboard as well as restaurants.  Have you found the bookings are live as soon as you get the new card?  We are hoping we can do some bookings before we go out into Southampton to meet relatives.

Edited by tring

14 minutes ago, tring said:

We have a lot of onboard spend for the second of a B2B later this year and would like to book a couple of excursions onboard as well as restaurants.  Have you found the bookings are live as soon as you get the new card?  We are hoping we can do some bookings before we go out into Southampton to meet relatives.

Yes I think it was about 8 we picked our new cards up.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

I thought that I had seen somewhere that you get discount if you book B2B with P&O. Is that correct?

Thanks 

You do on most cruises, I think they have to be over 5 days and certain fly cruises don't qualify. If you are canny and book a short cruise before or after a long one then the 10% off the long one nearly pays for the short one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You do on most cruises, I think they have to be over 5 days and certain fly cruises don't qualify. If you are canny and book a short cruise before or after a long one then the 10% off the long one nearly pays for the short one.

Would it be combinable with any Peninsula club reductions would you know?

And, I'm presuming, that it would only be on Select fares?

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Burgmeister said:

Would it be combinable with any Peninsula club reductions would you know?

And, I'm presuming, that it would only be on Select fares?

Cheers 

It is only on select fares, not sure about the Peninsular discounts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I should have mentioned the booking criteria in my post about the discount, which I have asked to be deleted as possibly misleading.

I also do not know about Peninsular discounts, but the b2b discount does work for on board bookings, when you usually get extra obc as well.

Edit   realised having asked fory post to be deleted, need to add the B2B discount is 10% off both cruises.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sandancer said:

How was the Grand Harbour Clodia. Trying to decide between that and the Premium Inn at West Quay. 

Grand Harbour is more expensive but the rooms are extremely comfortable and the breakfast has a wider choice. A glass of wine or a gin and tonic costs more too, but hey, you're about to get on a cruise. It's fun to use the Glass lift on embarkation morning and see your ship waiting.