Was It A Rumor - Sun Princess Dining Changes??

26 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Maybe put the Signature restaurant where the Butcher’s Block is moving to? I honestly don’t see that specialty dining venue making it unless they make some changes to the menu. They should let diners order sides like they do at the Crown Grill and then also serve the meat like they are doing now. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to eat a bowl of beans and some raw vegetables along with plates full of beef. Does anyone else feel this way? 

We can't order whatever sides we want at Butcher's Block?

That's one of the only two reservations I have and if that's the case, I should probably cancel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

There are good videos of the whole Butcher's Block presentation on YouTube.

It does focus very heavily on the meat.  Which is brought out and cooked/grilled in huge steaks, and then carved up and pieces served to each person.

Thanks, I'll give them a watch. 

My wife is a vegetarian but usually she can find things to order off the menu at steakhouses, but not if they don't have a menu. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Maybe put the Signature restaurant where the Butcher’s Block is moving to? I honestly don’t see that specialty dining venue making it unless they make some changes to the menu. They should let diners order sides like they do at the Crown Grill and then also serve the meat like they are doing now. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to eat a bowl of beans and some raw vegetables along with plates full of beef. Does anyone else feel this way? 

I do..that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. Beef, beef and more beef baby, bring it on!  Have it reserved 3 times on our upcoming cruise....menu looks fab to me...

Not for you, don't go.  There's 6 other specialty options...  Go figure.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

I do..that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. Beef, beef and more beef baby, bring it on!  Have it reserved 3 times on our upcoming cruise....menu looks fab to me...

Agreed - after reading the menu somebody else shared, I want to book it a second time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We can't order whatever sides we want at Butcher's Block?

That's one of the only two reservations I have and if that's the case, I should probably cancel.

After watching several videos on YouTube, I canceled my reservation. I love beef, but not just plates of beef with olive oil poured on it. I need to be able to order salad, asparagus, and other sides. Check out the YouTube videos. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

I love beef too but also want to be able to order sides. The videos that I watched only showed some raw vegetables in a bowl of beans. Am I not seeing everything? 

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

After watching several videos on YouTube, I canceled my reservation. I love beef, but not just plates of beef with olive oil poured on it. I need to be able to order salad, asparagus, and other sides. Check out the YouTube videos. 

Sounds like I need to watch a video vs just reading the menu. 

I'll do that... Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Sounds like I need to watch a video vs just reading the menu. 

I'll do that... Thanks. 

You’re welcome.

Looking at the menu, you can either order vegetarian or carnivore. On the carnivore menu, I see baked potato and beans. Under the section that shows what you share for the table it is raw vegetables to dip in EVOO. If they added sides like they have in the Crown Grill, I would be really pleased with that restaurant. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Thank you for the thorough update! 

We'll be in a suite over Thanksgiving and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what becomes of things. 

We'll be in the Retreat on the Celebrity Apex the week before as I'm planning to do a comparison and I don't think it's going to fare well for Princess.

We are doing the same two cruises later in the year but in the opposite order.

I'll be interested to read your comparison.

9 minutes ago, chamima said:

We are doing the same two cruises later in the year but in the opposite order.

I'll be interested to read your comparison.

We have a YouTube channel where we'll be sharing our thoughts. I don't promote it on here other than at the end of Live threads (hopefully after putting a bunch of time into a Live thread, people find a simple plug at the end acceptable!).

Our best suite experience so far has been in the Yacht Club on MSC, but we're excited to add Princess to the mix (and to do another sailing on Celebrity, this time on an Edge-class ship!).

1 minute ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We have a YouTube channel where we'll be sharing our thoughts. I don't promote it on here other than at the end of Live threads (hopefully after putting a bunch of time into a Live thread, people find a simple plug at the end acceptable!).

Our best suite experience so far has been in the Yacht Club on MSC, but we're excited to add Princess to the mix (and to do another sailing on Celebrity, this time on an Edge-class ship!).

Were your live threads on a Princess cruise?

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Were your live threads on a Princess cruise?

Our sailing on the Sun Princess over Thanksgiving will be our first Princess cruise, so not yet but I'll be doing one when we get there. 

We aren't loyal to any of the cruise lines as we find things to love about all of them and want to experience as many as possible. 

I'm hoping the actual cruise experience on the Sun Princess will be better than everything leading up to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Our sailing on the Sun Princess over Thanksgiving will be our first Princess cruise, so not yet but I'll be doing one when we get there. 

We aren't loyal to any of the cruise lines as we find things to love about all of them and want to experience as many as possible. 

I'm hoping the actual cruise experience on the Sun Princess will be better than everything leading up to it.

We are doing a b2b in October and I am really excited for this cruise. Enjoy your cruise and I’m looking forward to reading your review. 

I found your channel! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We are doing a b2b in October and I am really excited for this cruise. Enjoy your cruise and I’m looking forward to reading your review. 

I found your channel! 

Here's to hoping you have an amazing B2B sailing! 

Please come back and share what you can about the changes made!