Baby equipment/boarding time

22 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

I think that we will take my wife's walking stick

If doing that then remember that you now have to declare it on the accessibility form together with the level of assistance (which may be none) that your wife requires otherwise, again, boarding could be denied

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david63 said:

If doing that then remember that you now have to declare it on the accessibility form together with the level of assistance (which may be none) that your wife requires otherwise, again, boarding could be denied

Well that's ridiculous 

9 minutes ago, david63 said:

7 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Well that's ridiculous 

It’s the way it works now. If you arrive with a walking stick that has not been declared on an accessibility form  you may be taken aside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Well that's ridiculous 

It may be ridiculous but P&O are now quite rigid about assistance and/or walking aids. There’s a thread somewhere on here regarding walking sticks being considered a mobility aid. 

5 hours ago, Burgmeister said:

Well that's ridiculous 

I agree it is ridiculous, but that's the new rules and turning up with a walking aid will most likely result in you being denied boarding.

If I were you I'd leave the stick at home, unless your wife is totally reliant on it then you really should fill in the declaration form.

• Host Sharon changed the title to Baby equipment/boarding time

Back to the original post about baby equipment.

A few years ago daughter requested cot, steriliser and baby bath. Cot and bath provided no steriliser (steward said she got the last bath). The reason they gave onboard for no steriliser was these had already been earmarked by officers partners! She would have brought her own had she been told before. It wasnt ideal and regardless of them saying the bottles would be sterilised in the kitchens it rarely happened.  My advice would be to take one anyway.  Baby food was never requested but told it was kept in the buffet you just had to ask.  No problem with baby food.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:46 AM, Burgmeister said:

I think that we will take my wife's walking stick that has a seat built into the handle - assuming we arrive before our, yet to be determined, timeslot 

You will need to fill in the accessibility form to take any form of walking stick onboard and you will be required to mark the mandatory one to one assistance P&O insist upon.  I would suggest completing it immediately if your wife intends taking it onboard.  It has taken a lot of effort to get three bookings correctly marked and acknowledged to facilitate my husband's walking stick.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

You will need to fill in the accessibility form to take any form of walking stick onboard and you will be required to mark the mandatory one to one assistance P&O insist upon.  I would suggest completing it immediately if your wife intends taking it onboard.  It has taken a lot of effort to get three bookings correctly marked and acknowledged to facilitate my husband's walking stick.

Probably just leave it at home then. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Walking stick is not mandatory but recommended. 
https://www.pocruises.com/accessibility/life-onboard

• One-to-one assistance – this is a mandatory requirement for anyone who requires someone to guide and steady them on the stairs, due to mobility or other circumstances. For anyone who uses a mobility aid, such as a walking stick or walker, this is the recommended level of assistance.
Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Walking stick is not mandatory but recommended. 
https://www.pocruises.com/accessibility/life-onboard

• One-to-one assistance – this is a mandatory requirement for anyone who requires someone to guide and steady them on the stairs, due to mobility or other circumstances. For anyone who uses a mobility aid, such as a walking stick or walker, this is the recommended level of assistance.

Tell P&O and Cunard that!  Both have insisted after booking and filling in the necessary form that it is mandatory.  Originally I had one booking on Britannia stating it was mandatory (on our riginal booking confirmation) and one on Aurora saying nothing.  Following up I submitted the forms for the Aurora cruise, called to ensure it was received after an IT issue submitting it and was promptly told it was mandatory to request one to one for a walking stick and asked to resubmit the form requesting it.  

I have two Cunard bookings, same situation, both now showing one to one mandatory. 

Personally I'm at a loss on the issue and am just going with what they instruct when I book going forward.

• Like 1