Transfering booking back to HAL from TA

Good morning.

Has anyone every taken a booking from their TA and given it back to HAL??

I am wondering if this is possible and how I would do this?

Thank you

Fill out the booking transfer form.  Send to HAL (email is on the form). Wait. If you are within 60 days of initial booking and not fully paid, TA cannot stop it. You will lose any goodies coming from TA. Why you want to do this is your business. Ignore the clamoring naysayers. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It's not easy ...

It can take a week to 10 days, but it is one single-page form with basic info that’s emailed to HAL. That’s it. They do the rest (contact TA etc).  Easy if you meet the requirements. But does not happen overnight and TA can drag feet (for up to 72 hours).  

• Like 2

It's very easy to move a reservation booking agent within 60 days of the initial booking. One page, no more than 5 lines to fill out just like was stated above. It really couldn't be simpler. 

You can transfer booking agents outside of 60 days of the initial booking but that process requires documentation. I did this one time as I had ample documentation showing the TA to be pretty much incompetent. 

Personally, I would never move a booking to HAL as I am a firm believer in using an agent for the substantial perks they offer, but some prefer to deal directly with HAL and that's ok too :). 

• Like 2

I think we will probably let this particular booking slide and find another TA for the next booking. Without going into detail, we have pretty much had it with this particular agency.

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It's very easy to move a reservation booking agent within 60 days of the initial booking. One page, no more than 5 lines to fill out just like was stated above. It really couldn't be simpler. 

You can transfer booking agents outside of 60 days of the initial booking but that process requires documentation. I did this one time as I had ample documentation showing the TA to be pretty much incompetent. 

Personally, I would never move a booking to HAL as I am a firm believer in using an agent for the substantial perks they offer, but some prefer to deal directly with HAL and that's ok too :). 

Lastly, it’s the same form used to move from HAL to a TA or from one TA to another. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Lastly, it’s the same form used to move from HAL to a TA or from one TA to another. 

Form was the same, but my rational documentation was a couple pages long for the booking I wanted to transfer outside the 60 day grace period.

Here is how simple the form is for those transferring within 60 days of booking (for anyone interested).

image.thumb.png.565d24b70f5ffe8489ed413c24c006eb.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

It can take a week to 10 days, but it is one single-page form with basic info that’s emailed to HAL. That’s it. They do the rest (contact TA etc).  Easy if you meet the requirements. But does not happen overnight and TA can drag feet (for up to 72 hours).  

And TA does not have to agree. If they don't release the booking, it will stay with them.

• Thanks 1