Do minors and adult sailing use the App

MJU

Trying to get my kids signed up to be able to get into blue lane. Don’t know if they need their own app or not. One is 17 and other is 21

Thanks for any help

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Each person can download the app prior to boarding and sign in once onboard to use the ship's intranet services, such as watch movies, order drinks, see where others in their party are, etc. 

yes you will all want to have the app on your phones so you can look up events, menus, locate each other etc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I have one app for my husband and myself

You can fill,out all the info for your family on one app

Each of you will get your own medallion but you only need 1 app

How do you find each other on the ship?

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You can *supposedly* use the display panels next to elevators...I have never used those.

For the most part, we have little interest in those functions considered Medallion Class. But have to say, to us the wall panels are the best, most consistently working function under the Medallion umbrella. We've even got locked out of our cabin, but the panels, flawless. Easy to find one another if you attend different games, sports, talks... then meet up. Try it!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I have one app for my husband and myself

You can fill,out all the info for your family on one app

Each of you will get your own medallion but you only need 1 app

How do you both use the same app to watch and get credit for watching embarkation muster drill video. We always have to do it on tv in cabin. Thanks!

• Like 1

Are you confusing the medallions with the app on your phone???

Everyone gets their own medallion to use on the ship

We both watch the video together 

You don't use the app for that at all!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

The video for safety is either viewed on the app or your tv. You cannot watch it on a medallion 

• Like 1

We just got off of the Emerald and I did need to set up an account for my 13 year old daughter in order to get the green line QR code for her. I tried everything to get her boarding pass to come up under either my app or my husband's, but I could not. Once on board we each watched the safety videos on our phones under the open account and it checked off our names. We may have been able to all be checked off if we watched on the TV. Unless there is a reason not to get the app for each of them, I'd do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelhound said:

We just got off of the Emerald and I did need to set up an account for my 13 year old daughter in order to get the green line QR code for her. I tried everything to get her boarding pass to come up under either my app or my husband's, but I could not. Once on board we each watched the safety videos on our phones under the open account and it checked off our names. We may have been able to all be checked off if we watched on the TV. Unless there is a reason not to get the app for each of them, I'd do it.

I've never seen anyone ask for the QR code. All you should have needed for her was her medallion.....

7 hours ago, riffatsea said:

We watch the safety video on the app, usually at embarkation lunch. 

6 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I've never seen anyone ask for the QR code. All you should have needed for her was her medallion.....

That's what they considered green line ready. First they asked for the boarding pass, then we scanned the medallions.

My husband and daughter and I have our medallions. I'm the only one who has downloaded the app. When I open the boarding pass section on the app there is just a boarding pass for me. Is this going to prevent us from being able to go through the green line at the port?

46 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

My husband and daughter and I have our medallions. I'm the only one who has downloaded the app. When I open the boarding pass section on the app there is just a boarding pass for me. Is this going to prevent us from being able to go through the green line at the port?

No one will ask for your boarding pass. They will just ask for your medallion in the green lane

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

How do you order room service or drinks to where you are?

Use the app.  As long as you have the medallion, just navigate through the app selections, which includes available items on their food and drink menu, click what you want, and wait for it to show up.

Please note that a lot of folks have had big delays in actually getting their stuff, but I've had great success as I think it was b/c I didn't order food or drink during peak times.  In other words, if you want a cocktail and the bar is a short enough walk for you, just walk to the bar to get the drink.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Use the app.  As long as you have the medallion, just navigate through the app selections, which includes available items on their food and drink menu, click what you want, and wait for it to show up.

Please note that a lot of folks have had big delays in actually getting their stuff, but I've had great success as I think it was b/c I didn't order food or drink during peak times.  In other words, if you want a cocktail and the bar is a short enough walk for you, just walk to the bar to get the drink.

The question was directed at the person who said they don't use the app at all onboard. 

We just did 32 nights on Sapphire and never more than 10 minutes for food or 5 minutes for drinks. Always great success.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

We get drinks directly from a bartender

We like to make personal connections with the staff

We rarely use room service

We're at the pool a lot, and don't want to walk down two flights of stairs to wait at a bar, we like things delivered. Also we don't leave our chairs and be chair hogs saving our spots to wander around the ship getting food and drinks. Still able to make plenty of connections with bar staff at other times. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1