LAX Travel Time from Port

Going from the port at Los Angeles to the airport is it reasonable to make an 1145 flight on a Tuesday?  Will be arriving on there after doing the PC cruise in October. 

TIA

DeputyDawg

29 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

Going from the port at Los Angeles to the airport is it reasonable to make an 1145 flight on a Tuesday?  Will be arriving on there after doing the PC cruise in October. 

TIA

DeputyDawg

Is it possible for you to fly out of Long Beach? It's a 20 minute drive from the port. Uber is about $30.

Tues morning during commute hours is slow to LAX, but you should be OK for an 11:45 flight.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

It is reasonable. But you need to be off the ship very early and head to LAX, handling your own bags. You are traveling in morning rush hour in Los Angeles. 

The drive from the port to the Airport can take from 45 minutes to 75 minutes ($$$ for taxi or Uber). 

The drive inside the airport can take as long a 15-30 minutes (depending on which terminal you are leaving from).

Check-in lines at the airport depend on your airline and your frequent flyer status. 

Security lines for some airlines can be 30+ minutes on a weekday morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pcur said:

Is it possible for you to fly out of Long Beach? It's a 20 minute drive from the port. Uber is about $30.

Tues morning during commute hours is slow to LAX, but you should be OK for an 11:45 flight.

Been Flying in/out here last yr with 2 more in next yr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why more than other cruise ports, but the wait for rideshare can be problematic from Long Beach. I guess they don't want to go to LAX? Lots of disappearing drivers. If you aren't so concerned with knowing the price, there are regular cabs. Actually, I've never taken them, maybe they offer a set price to the airport? 

Posted (edited)

No set price to airport. 

LAX is usually easy to get near(but accidents do shutdown freeways at times) but the last mile can take “forever”

Long Beach or John Wayne much better. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm not sure why more than other cruise ports, but the wait for rideshare can be problematic from Long Beach. I guess they don't want to go to LAX? Lots of disappearing drivers. If you aren't so concerned with knowing the price, there are regular cabs. Actually, I've never taken them, maybe they offer a set price to the airport? 

I am referring to Long Beach Airport to/from the World Cruise Center on Swinford St, in San Pedro.  I've never had a problem getting an Uber either way.  Just checked (this afternoon) and it was showing $34 with drivers 2 minutes away.

5 hours ago, pcur said:

I am referring to Long Beach Airport to/from the World Cruise Center on Swinford St, in San Pedro.  I've never had a problem getting an Uber either way.  Just checked (this afternoon) and it was showing $34 with drivers 2 minutes away.

Sorry for my brain fart. I was thinking of the time I did Carnival. It was less of a wait from San Pedro. MUCH better choice of cruise too.