Cancel and immediately rebook JetBlue?

1025cruise

Note, I'm under 14 days. When I booked my flights for my upcoming cruise, the cost was a bit high. I've gotten alerts, and have verified myself, that if I were to book today I can save about half. Is there any risk of cancelling, getting the flight credit, and then immediately rebooking the same flights? That seems to be the only way to get the new price (unlike Southwest where I can change to the same flights). Has anybody done this before? Yes, I realize I'd have a flight credit, but I can find a way to use it.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Note, I'm under 14 days. When I booked my flights for my upcoming cruise, the cost was a bit high. I've gotten alerts, and have verified myself, that if I were to book today I can save about half. Is there any risk of cancelling, getting the flight credit, and then immediately rebooking the same flights? That seems to be the only way to get the new price (unlike Southwest where I can change to the same flights). Has anybody done this before? Yes, I realize I'd have a flight credit, but I can find a way to use it.

Call the airline.  Have them handle the reservations, both sets.  Just make clear that you do NOT want to lose your space on the flights; it's just the fare you want to try to change.

GC

Usually that entails canceling the original booking, getting the flight credit, and then rebooking.  Maybe JetBlue can hold the new flights for you, I don't know.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't know if I want to deal with calling them. The difference is large enough that I might take the risk.

"... deal with..."?

What problem do you envision?

We've had very good experiences when we've called to get some special assistance or ask some question.  (That obviously doesn't guarantee an excellent experience the next time, for you *or* for us, but still... )

GC

On 6/16/2024 at 8:33 PM, 1025cruise said:

Is there any risk?  Yes.  In between canceling the flight and rebooking, the new price could disappear.  How likely is that?  Nobody can say.  Do you have other travel coming up that you could use the flight credits for?  If so, just book new flights at the new price first, then cancel.  You'd have to pay outright for the new ones, and have upcoming travel on which to use the flight credits, but it would guarantee you get the new lower price.