Dining reservations

negn

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

We are platinum sailing on the Sun in October 2025. I tried to reserve dining today via the app and I got a pop up message that says voyage must be paid in full or be platinum or elite.  So no luck with being platinum. 

IMG_5006.png

I got that message initially for our July 2025 cruise (we are platinum), two days later I was able to reserve dining.

• Thanks 1

Using the web version of the app I can open “Dine My Way”. There are thumb nail pictures of my wife and I with a green check mark and I am allowed to book a private table for two but the are six of us, three couples.  There is a “Add Guests” button that when clicked opens a window titled “Add a Booking”.  I enter one of their booking numbers and hit the “Search Button” next to it and the booking number I entered vanishes.  Soooo close🤬.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

IDK about others but I can't even login to Princess. I am using the correct credentials. It is so frustrating to have to fight the various obstacles Princess constructs to get anything done. I don't see what the issue is, Internet access to accounts has been around a long time and not just on Princess.

By the time I am able to login, all the tables will be reserved 🙂

Have you tried installing the latest update? Version 1.3.0 is the latest for iOS & likely Android also has an update. I’ve read comments that some have more issues with Android than with Apple devices.

image.thumb.png.350730088d461e8204c40733195497c3.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Have you tried installing the latest update? Version 1.3.0 is the latest for iOS & likely Android also has an update. I’ve read comments that some have more issues with Android than with Apple devices.

image.thumb.png.350730088d461e8204c40733195497c3.png

That's a good point and I will do it on my phone. But I was using the web version on my desktop. I was able to login and select my dining using my booking number, except for one day. Not sure why that day is any different (maybe their software doesn't like Nagasaki, our port that day? 😉 I tried to edit it several times but it keeps saying "can't access guest record". After it did it for the other 14 days! 

Go figure. I will be sure and check for an update on my phone, maybe I can reserve that last night using it.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

That's a good point and I will do it on my phone. But I was using the web version on my desktop. I was able to login and select my dining using my booking number, except for one day. Not sure why that day is any different (maybe their software doesn't like Nagasaki, our port that day? 😉 I tried to edit it several times but it keeps saying "can't access guest record". After it did it for the other 14 days! 

Go figure. I will be sure and check for an update on my phone, maybe I can reserve that last night using it.

Thanks.

Hopefully you’ll be able to add that one day in Nagasaki. 🤞

MedallionClass was only implemented in late 2017…it’s still a work in progress for Padgett’s system & his crack IT team. 🤪

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, blackfly said:

Using the web version of the app I can open “Dine My Way”. There are thumb nail pictures of my wife and I with a green check mark and I am allowed to book a private table for two but the are six of us, three couples.  There is a “Add Guests” button that when clicked opens a window titled “Add a Booking”.  I enter one of their booking numbers and hit the “Search Button” next to it and the booking number I entered vanishes.  Soooo close🤬.

I feel your pain. I swear, Princess and X have the same people writing their software!! As bad as Princess is, I find X 10 times worse--even their agents can't book our table for an upcoming cruise. No rational reason given. All the others in our party have had the same issue. We have given up with X and will do it onboard. Life is too short to keep wasting time on this!

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

We are platinum sailing on the Sun in October 2025. I tried to reserve dining today via the app and I got a pop up message that says voyage must be paid in full or be platinum or elite.  So no luck with being platinum. 

IMG_5006.png

We're still Ruby.  Have a Sun reservation for January 2025.  Have paid it off early in full and still can't make reservations.  Obviously they have not opened up yet.

Our October 2024 sailing on the Sun is open and what's left is a joke.  Will need to get what we want on board.

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully you’ll be able to add that one day in Nagasaki. 🤞

MedallionClass was only implemented in late 2017…it’s still a work in progress for Padgett’s system & his crack IT team. 🤪

Yes, success. I gave it a minute to catch it's breath and got Nagasaki done.

And I think you meant to say Padgett's IT team on crack 😁

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Lucky you.

There act is far from together.  We're on the Sun in January, paid the cruise off in full early and still can't make reservations.

8 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Lucky you.

There act is far from together.  We're on the Sun in January, paid the cruise off in full early and still can't make reservations.

8 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Lucky you.

I was being facetious! Between the issue with only guarantee cabins and this , they leave a lot to be desired pre cruise. Funny, we are on the Sun in January and was thinking about prepaying to be able to book our dining. After reading your post, we will hold off. 😎

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

We're still Ruby.  Have a Sun reservation for January 2025.  Have paid it off early in full and still can't make reservations.  Obviously they have not opened up yet.

Our October 2024 sailing on the Sun is open and what's left is a joke.  Will need to get what we want on board.

Ugh…that’s annoying that you can’t book for your January 2025 cruise on the Sun even though you’re full paid.  Seems like Princess is inconsistent with what they’re opening. 

I wanted to book early too to avoid having little options left. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Ugh…that’s annoying that you can’t book for your January 2025 cruise on the Sun even though you’re full paid.  Seems like Princess is inconsistent with what they’re opening. 

I wanted to book early too to avoid having little options left. 

Tried both ways, on the app and the web version.  The app said not opened and the web keeps looping me back to our October sailing even though I'm trying for either of our B2B's in January.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 1:41 PM, SDWalt said:

Hi everyone-

Just need some clarification here.

If booked in a suite and have Reserve Class dining there is no need to 'reserve' a time is that correct?  We're booked on the Majestic in November and one of the dining rooms (Concerto) indicates no available time slots for the entire cruise.  So I assume Reserve class is in that dining room?

Note, there is nowhere in the app that indicates that we are Reserve Class nor is Reserve Class even mentioned anywhere.

Also, I could reserve a time in the other dining rooms if I chose to do so as there are available times in the other 2 locations?

Thanks, Walt

We are on the Grand in Sept in a suite and no where on the app does it say we have reserve class dining as some have indicated it should. I can also reserve times in the other dining rooms which I would think I should not be able to do. Last year when we sailed in a suite the app showed reserve class and you could not reserve a time in any dining room. Plus you could book the first night specialty dining and not be charged. I will be calling Princess next week as I don't want to get on the ship and have them tell me they don't show me in reserve class dining. Would not put it past them. 

5 hours ago, Z0nker said:

I think the error message is wrong. You can’t book because your cruise is more than a year away. I have a cruise leaving just under a year from now but returning just over a year from now. I’m only able to book dining up to July 4, 2025. 

We have dining booked down to Sept 2025, though we are Platinum

41 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Is this “within a year out” a theory or a fact ?

Based on posted experiences, one year is a limit for some but not for others.

Princess didn’t explain their new procedures resulting in confusion & contradicting experiences which too often is routine for them. Until they fully explain how their new MDR dining system works, we can only share experiences…some are the same, some are different.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, blackfly said:

I had the same problem. Then I tried to add travelling companions when booking dining times on the app and it worked perfectly.

2 hours ago, lorri111 said:

We have dining booked down to Sept 2025, though we are Platinum

Thanks for letting me know. I will try again on the June/July 2025 trip. I’ve heard that the details vary by ship, so we’ll see. 

23 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Thanks for letting me know. I will try again on the June/July 2025 trip. I’ve heard that the details vary by ship, so we’ll see. 

@Z0nker, are you sailing on the Sun for this June/July 2025 where you could only book dining up to 7/5/2025 and not beyond that date?  I’m wondering if the within a year requirement is for the Sun.

We’re platinum and will be on the Sun Sept 2025.  I tried again and now it says no dining times are available for main dining or specialty dining.