2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Smells of a conspiracy. I won't sail NCL ever again,

OMG, for real ... but you aren't going to back out of your next 3 TA.  You, are, full of surprises 😁 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

OMG, for real ... but you aren't going to back out of your next 3 TA.  You, are, full of surprises 😁 

No chance of backing out now as money has already been spent and I don't want to go to prison for insurance fraud.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Manzanillo is dropped from the Panama Canal cruise...my favorite port of all time. (OK I jest...)

IMG_6447.thumb.jpeg.68512c95622cb04a9a7296ead08321e9.jpeg

At least they are going to Guatemala, nothing like being bussed over to the " cruise port area" from the container port and being surrounded by guard towers, who appeared to have AK 47.

When we stopped at Manzanillo there were several US Coast Guard Cutters docked next to us, some thought that Trump invaded Mexico.

image.thumb.jpeg.4c9396a9e5ba7a96ce3f16adf0c10791.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eca9416ff3354801a3b68182e06d1072.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae73ed34cd74f7ccee08c62adb98dc2e.jpeg

That cruise was on the Gem, LA back to NYC, 22 days in January. It's too bad that NCL has dwindled the amount of cruises out of NYC in the winter, nothing like following a Nor'easter going up the East Coast 

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

At least they are going to Guatemala, nothing like being bussed over to the " cruise port area" from the container port and being surrounded by guard towers, who appeared to have AK 47.

I hope I get to experience this as well. Sounds like you received the royal treatment.

I really miss the Gem homeporting in New York. Did you transit through the old locks on the Gem?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I hope I get to experience this as well. Sounds like you received the royal treatment.

I really miss the Gem homeporting in New York. Did you transit through the old locks on the Gem?

Yes, It had to be the greatest day of sailing for us, being able to stand at the bow watching two guys in a rowboat carrying out ropes to the ship at the start,

image.thumb.jpeg.86393a8145178178fe568abf12946284.jpeg

and then spending the rest of the day at the Great Outdoors and just wondering how they built this almost 100 years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.67f22cfa20ab40c0c3c575739a40b15e.jpeg

Cargo ship on the other side

image.thumb.jpeg.3090738ace4c671693f697532ac5deb5.jpeg

Carnival Miracle, partial transit thru  

image.thumb.jpeg.1547dac2e84bd6bc2b7d591c27ce4912.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.65f97533806d5c1515c83ea77dd0de8c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ab186fd240627235013adcbeba4cf0d1.jpeg

Did I mention that it was hot, sweltering, and humid, It very tight fit through the locks, and could almost touch the walls from the promenade deck. The crew was removing the bathtub ring at the next stop.

Jim

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:25 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

I should mentioned this before but we booked an Oceania cruise and were afraid that this would violate one of those crazy rules and bar us from #schoompiefest. But since some of us are going on Cunard I felt it was safe to post. Think of it as the Catskill Hillbillies meets the sea.

image.thumb.png.dbabd822d99856116212eb53f3b2d115.png

These are our hillbillies.  Not sure how they differ from those in the Catskills. 😉

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy not to tempt you or upset you or make you jelly...the Encore TA has balconies for $1186 with FAS. On top of that, you can bid to upgrade to Haven starting at $800pp for HF all the way to $2400pp for H2 Owner's Suite. The 2-bedrooms are $1400-$1800pp.

Killing me.  Now you're going to make me look. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

These are our hillbillies.  Not sure how they differ from those in the Catskills. 😉

The ones up here are more seasonal and they wear furry hats and very long coats in very hot weather, all the time. Trying to be PC #schoompiefest compliant.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This "hillbilly" actually grew up about 30 minutes from where I live....

The ones up here also have long beards and cute haircuts, getting close to that PC line. 

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@schmoopie17 did you see the itinerary change for the PC cruise 176 days prior to sail date? Smells of a conspiracy. I won't sail NCL ever again,

Yep...saw it yesterday. No big deal...Manzanillo wasn't a highlight (might have just stayed on the ship and considered it a "sea day"). 

So...you actually booked it? (Silly question, I know, since you got the itinerary change.).

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...you actually booked it?

I may or may not have booked it. You are making it difficult for me to potentially schmoopie you.

When do you depart for the Escape? Rest assured, no schmoopieing there. I know you have serious babysitting duties.

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

I may or may not have booked it. You are making it difficult for me to potentially schmoopie you.

When do you depart for the Escape? Rest assured, no schmoopieing there. I know you have serious babysitting duties.

We fly out on 9/11. Probably not the best day to be flying. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The ones up here are more seasonal and they wear furry hats and very long coats in very hot weather, all the time. Trying to be PC #schoompiefest compliant.

OMG, I thought they were all in my section of the Catskills.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OMG, I thought they were all in my section of the Catskills.

No, they are everywhere. Car accident on RT 9W and a closed road, so I took a side road to bypass and found them less than 6 miles from the house, they were very surprised to see me as well. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy not to tempt you or upset you or make you jelly...the Encore TA has balconies for $1186 with FAS. On top of that, you can bid to upgrade to Haven starting at $800pp for HF all the way to $2400pp for H2 Owner's Suite. The 2-bedrooms are $1400-$1800pp.

You made me look.  That's a killer deal.  11 day trans-Atlantic balcony w/FAS in a Balcony....

STATEROOM
1 Guest
  • Balcony 
    $2,152 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $699.40 
    70% OFF 2nd Guest
    $699.40
FREE AT SEA PACKAGE
  • Specialty Dining 
    $27.80