Cunard and Carnival shareholder benefits

Is there any entitlement to receiving Carnival shareholder benefits on a Cunard cruise out of Sydney to South Pacific?  It doesn't look that you are as per the Carnival Shareholder Benefit information sheet but curious if other Australian sailors have applied and been successful in get the Shareholder dollars from booking with Cunard on a cruise out of Australia.

Thanks

K

The sheet is a bit confusing, because Cunard is not in $AU, but determined by the onboard currency of your cruise (US or UK). You do get OBC on Cunard here, per the $US dollar amount on the table.

The Australian brands referenced on the table are the brands with $AU onboard, where the OBC is applied in $AU.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

You can definitely claim the shareholder obc with Cunard. Just use the stock perks app. Very simple.

I have never been able to get Stockperks to work.

When I try to use it it goes through the steps until it gets to who is your broker, I got mine the Comsec, but it does not recognise them and wants a US broker name. ??????

Gave up, I plan to use the e-mail method.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

When I try to use it it goes through the steps until it gets to who is your broker, I got mine the Comsec, but it does not recognise them and wants a US broker name. ??????

You don't need to give them a US broker name. How old is your version of the app?

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I don't know which cruise line you will be travelling with, but Princess won't accept requests for the stockholders' OBC by email. ☹️ They told me it had to be via Stockperks.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

You don't need to give them a US broker name. How old is your version of the app?

Well I uninstalled my current copy, and then reloaded from Play Store, and ran through the steps again, and then found how to upload a copy of our proof of shares, and bingo it was happy with me.

Got no idea how old my previous version was, thought these things update automatically?

Once it liked me it was easy.

Thanks Geoff

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know which cruise line you will be travelling with, but Princess won't accept requests for the stockholders' OBC by email. ☹️ They told me it had to be via Stockperks.

Thanks Evon.

Was planning to use the carnival e-mail address, does that one have a problem too?

Regards

john

9 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Well I uninstalled my current copy, and then reloaded from Play Store, and ran through the steps again, and then found how to upload a copy of our proof of shares, and bingo it was happy with me.

Got no idea how old my previous version was, thought these things update automatically?

Once it liked me it was easy.

Thanks Geoff

Piece of cake only needing to send evidence once oer year. Once accepted, you just need to select each cruise and request your OBC.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Thanks Evon.

Was planning to use the carnival e-mail address, does that one have a problem too?

Regards

john

I am pretty sure I tried the Carnival email address and was told I had to use Stockperks. Unfortunately while I was waiting for a reply to my email, then emailed them again appealing for help and waiting for a reply again, I was getting close to the deadline to apply for the OBC. Anyway, I managed to register on Stockperks. I had some difficulty entering the date for my cruise until I realised the date (day, month etc) set-up that they have is like the numbers on a combination lock. You have to scroll up and down on the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

No need for the broker pick option B and download a stock report. 

Nevermind I see you have done it now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No need for the broker pick option B and download a stock report. 

Nevermind I see you have done it now

Yes I did pick option B, but it still asked for my broker, entered Comsec again, and this time accepted it.🤷‍♂️ assume its updated its list in the current version.😁

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am pretty sure I tried the Carnival email address and was told I had to use Stockperks. Unfortunately while I was waiting for a reply to my email, then emailed them again appealing for help and waiting for a reply again, I was getting close to the deadline to apply for the OBC. Anyway, I managed to register on Stockperks. I had some difficulty entering the date for my cruise until I realised the date (day, month etc) set-up that they have is like the numbers on a combination lock. You have to scroll up and down on the numbers.

Yes, it took me a few seconds to stop clicking and start scrolling.

I think they do these things to keep us from going senile.🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kaylacool said:

Excellent! Thanks for you responses as agreed arxcards it is confusing.  Now to download the stock perks app :classic_smile:

At least the entitlements are less confusing on the app.

Screenshot_20240621_184547_Stockperks.thumb.jpg.42cc376bccf3a7d4e5e6e6670fcd5c20.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes, it took me a few seconds to stop clicking and start scrolling.

I think they do these things to keep us from going senile.🤣

You were obviously 'quicker' than me. It took me much more than a few seconds to try scrolling after clicking didn't work. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/21/2024 at 7:06 AM, arxcards said:

At least the entitlements are less confusing on the app.

Screenshot_20240621_184547_Stockperks.thumb.jpg.42cc376bccf3a7d4e5e6e6670fcd5c20.jpg

For those people (me included) who are not the most tech savvy, the Stockperks app is not the most user friendly. It takes a bit of learning. Anyway, Good Job for helping all the different people.👍 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, JJK2008 said:

For those people (me included) who are not the most tech savvy, the Stockperks app is not the most user friendly. It takes a bit of learning. Anyway, Good Job for helping all the different people.👍 

I didn't find it easy either but I finally got there. 

• Like 3

I feel the most consuming part is getting the report, especially if you are munging the account info on a PC with software, then having to email it to your phone to add it to the app.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

I feel the most consuming part is getting the report, especially if you are munging the account info on a PC with software, then having to email it to your phone to add it to the app.

It seems that all of the cruise lines apps and websites present challenges that we don't find in many other apps and websites. None of them seem to be straightforward. I had great difficulty just trying to get the Stockperks app to load. I installed/uninstalled it several times. It would freeze, not load fully, disconnect and more. I even powered my phone off/on several times. Then on one try it loaded properly and worked fine. I have no idea why, but I've had no problems since. On another thread here on CC I followed along where you walked a person through the process of loading their statement step by step. I commend you for that. Speaking from experience, what is commonsensical for some is completely foreign to others. You really took the time to explain to that person what she needed to do to get it to work. And she did. Truly a good job Geoff.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JJK2008 said:

It seems that all of the cruise lines apps and websites present challenges that we don't find in many other apps and websites. None of them seem to be straightforward. I had great difficulty just trying to get the Stockperks app to load. I installed/uninstalled it several times. It would freeze, not load fully, disconnect and more. I even powered my phone off/on several times. Then on one try it loaded properly and worked fine. I have no idea why, but I've had no problems since. On another thread here on CC I followed along where you walked a person through the process of loading their statement step by step. I commend you for that. Speaking from experience, what is commonsensical for some is completely foreign to others. You really took the time to explain to that person what she needed to do to get it to work. And she did. Truly a good job Geoff.    

Thanks. It helps that I use the same broker and have had a bit of recent practice fumbling through to download and edit reports. Very true, I don't think they have the means to do proper beta testing on their apps. The Princess medallion app was so buggy for so many, as it was trying to do too many things at the same time, then bloated even further when covid protocols came along. Stockperks worked OK for me, but it isn't very intuitive.

Some might think writing work procedures is part of my day job. 😉 

• Like 2