Key West

I found a handful of Royal cruises that came up in a search stopping in Key West:

Aug 10, 31: Enchantment (From Tampa)

May 9: Jewel (From Fort Lauderdale)

May 17, 31, June 28, Aug 9: Grandeur (from Tampa)

Aug 18, 25, Oct 6: Jewel (From Fort Lauderdale)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not like they used to prior to the pandemic.  It has been a slow ramp up since then as the local government passed a referendum in 2020 limiting the number of passengers that could visit there by cruise ships to 1,500 on a daily basis. For a while after the restart very few, if any, ships visited there.  This has eased somewhat over the years but remains controversial as the local residents want to keep the limitations in place.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I can understand not wanting to be inundated with day visitors if you live there, Charleston has had to deal with similar concerns with much fewer ships. We have been fortunate to have 3 stops there on cruises. At least two of them on the lovely Enchantment of the Seas. For the most part a nice day, especially the day we rented bicycles. With that, I'll never forget the stop when Swine Flu hysteria was sweeping the country. Our first stop on a cruise was Key West, we were in a local shop and the clerk followed us around with Lysol spray!!! I walked around the store just to annoy her. Not my most shining moment. Because of the Swine Flu problem the ship did not go to Cozumel, our next planned stop. 

Edited by temple1

I follow vloggers that do RCCL and they have stopped multiple times, but our recent HAL and Carnival Key West stops were both re-routed elsewhere. Just be forewarned, even though it's on the itinerary, you may not stop there.