MSC Update to Prohibited Items Section of Useful Guide

GA Dave

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but MSC has clarified the prohibited items section of the Useful Guide to highlight the prohibition of all illegal drugs, including marijuana, and the consequences. This is for my cruise in a few weeks.

MSC Prohibited Items - New Luggage Section 2024-06.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Serious question, can drug dogs sniff out THC gummies? Seems that folks would take route if they couldn’t detect them, then they wouldn’t have worry about where to blaze up. My research says, yes, they can detect them.

Me, I’m good with the Chopin Vodka. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

@PTC DAWG My experience is yes, dogs trailed for marijuana can sniff out THC gummies.  

I prefer Kettle One to Chopin but I'd be willing to give Chopin a try on our next cruise if you really think it's better.  

14 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but MSC has clarified the prohibited items section of the Useful Guide to highlight the prohibition of all illegal drugs, including marijuana, and the consequences. This is for my cruise in a few weeks.

MSC Prohibited Items - New Luggage Section 2024-06.jpg

on the Meraviglia last week there was plenty of pot smoking on deck 12 along with constant door banging all hours of the night. After about day 4 the pot smell was gone. Unfortunately the door slamming never stopped

Like I said, it remains to be seen if they will actually do anything about this.  Had balcony "neighbors" who blazed up constantly.  Security refused to do anything about it.  YC Director's proposed "solution" was to ask if I wanted to move cabins.  SMH.

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Serious question, can drug dogs sniff out THC gummies?

Where are the dogs - behind the scenes?

I've never seem them on any cruise line. At airports, yes.

8 hours ago, markwfpb said:

Where are the dogs - behind the scenes?

I've never seem them on any cruise line. At airports, yes.

I have only seen them on Carnival, both in the terminals and on the ships.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:09 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Serious question, can drug dogs sniff out THC gummies? Seems that folks would take route if they couldn’t detect them, then they wouldn’t have worry about where to blaze up. My research says, yes, they can detect them.

Me, I’m good with the Chopin Vodka. 🙂

I say let them bring their gummies if it prevents me from having to explain to my kids what that smell is for the 12th time on the same cruise. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 11:53 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

on the Meraviglia last week there was plenty of pot smoking on deck 12 along with constant door banging all hours of the night. After about day 4 the pot smell was gone. Unfortunately the door slamming never stopped

It's unfortunate that a family/group can negatively impact so many other cruisers, and not care one bit. I'm sorry that you had to experience that on your vacation!