Majestic Promenade deck

Not much - there are 2 main areas available which are near the atrium and near the aft elevator lobby.  Some of the royal class ships have an access route behind the lifeboats and I can't remember if the majestic has that.  Even if it does, its about the width of neighborhood sidewalk between the ship superstructure and lifeboats so its not a nice place to walk.  There is a walking track up on the top deck that goes around the basketball court and the funnel - its about 1/8th of a mile I think.

• Thanks 1

As Rob said, it's bad. There are the two outdoor areas on the Promenade Deck, but they're uncovered. The narrow walkway behind the lifeboats was open sometimes and closed at other times on my Majestic Princess cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I'm just off the Majestic today and was disappointed that there is no true promenade deck. Most of the open area on deck 7 is filled with tenders and you have to walk single file past them. And you can't go all the way around the ship 😞

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cessna140 said:

I'm just off the Majestic today and was disappointed that there is no true promenade deck. Most of the open area on deck 7 is filled with tenders and you have to walk single file past them. And you can't go all the way around the ship 😞

Personally, I think the Royal class ships are about the worst ships for Alaska.  Combined with the non-existent promenade, the tall plexiglass screens for much of the top decks make it difficult to enjoy the scenery.  If you have a balcony, that helps, but granted you'll only see one side of the ship.

If I had to choose a Royal class ship for Alaska, I would choose the Majestic since it does have the hollywood pool area.  When the weather is cool or misty, these ships just dont have a lot of covered areas for watching scenery.