Our fantastic Arvia cruise June 9th- June 23rd

19 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I note you never ate in the mdr in the evening. Is the food that bad there?  Got my first P&O cruise in five years  coming up and not really looking forward to it that much.

We've never found the MDR to be 'bad' as far as food is concerned. You get good days and some not so good days, in our experience, more of the former.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TigerB said:

We've never found the MDR to be 'bad' as far as food is concerned. You get good days and some not so good days, in our experience, more of the former.

Thanks.  I'll be on Aurora so queues are unlikely.  I just keep hearing about a drop in choices and quality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I note you never ate in the mdr in the evening. Is the food that bad there?  Got my first P&O cruise in five years  coming up and not really looking forward to it that much.

Our last 8 and next 5 cruises are on P&O.

We always pre-book all of our dinners in the Speciality restaurants.

I cannot stand for more than 10 minutes with my hip arthritis so queuing is difficult and we don't mind paying for the better 

Food.

Service.

Ambience.

in the Speciality restaurants and not having to queue and sitting where we want.

The food is good at lunchtime in the MDR and we ate there 9 times out of 14 days on our Arvia cruise.

Unless you want to eat at 5.30pm in the MDR which you can book on the my holiday app you have to go onto a virtual queue on the My holiday app or take your chance in the No reservation queue.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Since Covid we have cruised RCL, MSC, Princess (one and only time in a suite) and P&O (Iona 4 times/Arvia once). I much much prefer the P&O MDR food. The other lines had more attentive service but for me the P&O food was the best. But I do like simple British food, so no lobster, pasta or fancy dishes for me! I also look at the speciality menu’s and on Princess and MSC we get a suite/loyalty free speciality meal that has not impressed me. So maybe I’m not the best judge of food. As far as P&O goes I have only been on Iona/Arvia since covid but I do think when we book the next P&O cruise it will be on one of the older ships with traditional dining, as long as second sitting is available when booking. I’m fed up of not knowing when I’m going to eat although I’m confident that the food will be at a minimum good/ok. 

20 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I normally sail on Cunard but do some  P &O a year Last year on Britannia I was impressed with the food and thought it as good as Cunard. I only eat simple British style food but found it hot, plentiful and always to my liking . Had lunch in MDR and buffet. To be honest only reason I didn’t eat lunch in MDR every day was as I needed to rein it in !! And not have 2x 3 course meals daily. I have never paid for a speciality restaurant as I refuse to pay extra when the included meal suits me fine. I was once persuaded to go with a friend to Epicurean afternoon Tea and 3 years on still wrangles what a waste of money it was . It was £15.50 and all I ate was a couple of cakes I could have got for free in the buffet or the included afternoon tea. Please do not look forward to your cruise I am sure it will be fine. 

Edited by Winifred 22

22 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

We ate in the MDR around 4 times on our Arvia med cruise in May. Cruise was brilliant and the MDR food very acceptable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you graham for your lovely photos of your cruise, I’m a little late just catching up on here , great to hear you and Pauline had a wonderful time but nice to see you home with your dashboard sea views breakfast 🥤🥯

I have acquired a brand new, unused Greggs paper bag. I will walk around Anthem in September to see how many folk think I'm Graham.🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you graham for your lovely photos of your cruise, I’m a little late just catching up on here , great to hear you and Pauline had a wonderful time but nice to see you home with your dashboard sea views breakfast 🥤🥯

Thank you for your nice words and best wishes tomorrow for a wonderful holiday as you fly to Fuerteventura to celebrate your FILs birthday.

• Thanks 1