Weather Question

HateSnow

DW and I have cruised 8 times.  Our cruises have always been Caribbean and always during the March/April timeframe.  I recently booked a Caribbean cruise aboard the World America in 2025.  I chose an early December sailing.  Can anyone tell me about the weather in the Caribbean at that time?  Is it still hot? Warm?  Is the ocean water still warm?  Thanks in advance for any information.

53 minutes ago, HateSnow said:

DW and I have cruised 8 times.  Our cruises have always been Caribbean and always during the March/April timeframe.  I recently booked a Caribbean cruise aboard the World America in 2025.  I chose an early December sailing.  Can anyone tell me about the weather in the Caribbean at that time?  Is it still hot? Warm?  Is the ocean water still warm?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Depends on where in the Caribbean. The closer to the equator you get, the less it will make a difference whether it is "winter" or "summer". The variation in high temps in the ABC islands for instance is only about 4 degrees fahrenheit between January and August. Meanwhile the variation in temperature in the Bahamas is more like what you would expect in Florida.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

😕

I can list a few websites that can for the most part reliably tell you what the weather will be like for the next 30 days. December 2025 though?????

I'll give it a shot though.

Cool at night and warm during the days.

The good news is… no snow! According to my phone’s AI

The average temperature is in the mid-80s for most islands and the mainland, with occasional showers. The Caribbean's seasonal climate varies by region, so it's important to know the climate of the specific islands you're visiting.

Hot and sticky. Weather in the Caribbean is pretty much the same year round, maybe 5 degrees warmer in the summer. Rain is possible for a few minutes every day. At least that time of year hurricanes are rare. 

Posted (edited)

From google: December's Caribbean weather is usually warm and sunny, with occasional showers. The average temperature is in the mid-80s for most islands. Nighttime lows can drop into the low 70s.

The chance of a hurricane is nil, as the season ends November 30th.  We've done a number of Thanksgiving / December / Christmas / NYE Caribbean cruises and the weather for all has been great.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The chance of a hurricane is nil, as the season ends November 30th. 

Brave statement .. Slim would be better🙂

We once ended up the creek without a paddle and we were in between two TRS's ... four months after the season ended. 

The weather God hadn't read the book! 😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Brave statement .. Slim would be better🙂 

Well perhaps nil is not the best choice words, but according to NOAA, in the 135 years between 1887 and 2022, there has only been 13 hurricanes in the Caribbean that developed from storms that formed in December.  Quite rare IMO.  I'll take my chances.

And perhaps we have been very fortunate, and I clearly acknowledge that, but in 32 years of cruising with numerous sailings between June and November, we have never had a hurricane directly impact any of our itineraries.  I realize it certainly can and does happen, but it is not a certainty that one will affect any given itinerary. JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind