Cruise Sale Prices

asctony

FYI - Receiving many new Cruise Sales from various Cruise Lines recently.

When I compare actual Cruises, Dates, Categories & perks, I find that if you are still booking earlier, you are saving money.

Regardless, if a Cruise Line tells you 70% off second passenger, that is total ......

I just compared my Joy cruise for this year. Using same date, category & perks the BIG sale price would cost me $811 more for our cabin.

Again, I am providing this as info. 

This applies to the other Cruise lines, not only NCL.

Enjoy your cruise. Check prices as they change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asctony said:

FYI - Receiving many new Cruise Sales from various Cruise Lines recently.

When I compare actual Cruises, Dates, Categories & perks, I find that if you are still booking earlier, you are saving money.

Regardless, if a Cruise Line tells you 70% off second passenger, that is total ......

I just compared my Joy cruise for this year. Using same date, category & perks the BIG sale price would cost me $811 more for our cabin.

Again, I am providing this as info. 

This applies to the other Cruise lines, not only NCL.

Enjoy your cruise. Check prices as they change.

There have been a number of comments across several CC threads addressing this issue.  It boils down to this, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Fifty percent off the "regular" price for both passengers in a cabin amounts to the same price as "second passenger sails free" when the first passenger pays "full" fare.  NCL, other cruise lines, and even your local grocery store may use any number of ways to entice customers to purchase from them instead of from a competitor.  You always should compare the bottom line, after all discounts, fees, and promotions are figured into the price.  Usually when NCL offers some "new" promotional price, the actual cost is exactly the same as it was as the day prior to the "sale."

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

There have been a number of comments across several CC threads addressing this issue.  It boils down to this, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Fifty percent off the "regular" price for both passengers in a cabin amounts to the same price as "second passenger sails free" when the first passenger pays "full" fare.  NCL, other cruise lines, and even your local grocery store may use any number of ways to entice customers to purchase from them instead of from a competitor.  You always should compare the bottom line, after all discounts, fees, and promotions are figured into the price.  Usually when NCL offers some "new" promotional price, the actual cost is exactly the same as it was as the day prior to the "sale."

Completely agree.  Cruises are no different than any other business.  It’s supply and demand.  The price will go up and down depending on the demand.  The “sales” mean nothing.  It’s all marketing. Decide which trip and cabin you want.  Know that you can reprice it until final payment.  Watch the bottom line fare and reprice if beneficial.  Know the cruise line’s policy.  With NCL you can generally get a one time FCC for reductions after final payment.  Other lines have different policies.

At the end of the day, a cruise line will get every penny out of every cabin they can.  Don’t pay attention to “sales”.  Pay attention to the bottom line.  

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Book early and save will always be true. It's just that agencies and the lines keep promoting to keep the momentum going. Pressures to meet shareholder expectations, revenue targets etc. They need to show a year over year increase, not the other way around. 
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Book early and save will always be true.

Never say things that are so absolute....always/never. There are exceptions. We are very flexible travelers and can travel last minute. We've scored numerous last minute deals when NCL holds their last minute fire sales. We never qualify for the cruisenext double up promotions because you have to book 4 months in advance and we book within 2 or 3 weeks if sailing. Tremendous deals can still exist, but much fewer the pre Corona time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Never say things that are so absolute....always/never. There are exceptions. We are very flexible travelers and can travel last minute. We've scored numerous last minute deals when NCL holds their last minute fire sales. We never qualify for the cruisenext double up promotions because you have to book 4 months in advance and we book within 2 or 3 weeks if sailing. Tremendous deals can still exist, but much fewer the pre Corona time. 

Where do you live? Airfares are high and this you have to book airfares early. 

As you stated, there are always exceptions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Any last minute deals on suites or Haven?

I've seen several agencies offering prepaid gratuities.  That is a good deal.  I'm pretty sure that deal comes from NCL and it gets moved around to different agencies.  My agent had it a couple weeks ago and has it again next week.  I will still get my usual kick-back from her so this is a real bonus.

10 minutes ago, CatoVII said:

Any of you have suggestions on how to obtain specific answers to: what are the perks that go with the courtyard penthouse suites, including food and beverage options?

My T/A keeps saying that it depends.

Go to NCL.com and look under accommodations. It explains everything. 

hey cato v11. im not  sure what you're really asking about but, the haven perks are the haven perks , regardless of the haven cabin (unless you're in the owners suite, or deluxe owners suite,) where i understand you get 3 bottles of free alcohol. if there is an actual "haven complex, you get the use of the lounge, pool area, bar and restaurant. if there is no complex per se, you get breakfast in moderno/lunch in cagneys. also, with the concierge, you may be able to get into specialty restaurants that might be listed as sold out, and the butler brings snacks/goodies in the afternoon, and will do anything requested (within reason) . 

all other perks are the same, butler, concierge, priority boarding, priority tenders, priority seating in the stardust theater, regardless of haven category cabin. other than the above-named food options, the drink/food options are the same regardless of whether or not you're in a haven. they're similar to what is offered to everyone else. Depends on what price you're willing to spend.

consequently, what so called "perks" do you think a penthouse balcony suite is entitled to receive? in theory. you just get a nicer/upscale sailing experience. think economy vs 1st class air travel

18 hours ago, CatoVII said:

Any of you have suggestions on how to obtain specific answers to: what are the perks that go with the courtyard penthouse suites, including food and beverage options?

Ask them what it depends on.  FAS can be had on any category.

They should be able to spell it out for you.  If not, find another Travel Agent.

On 6/27/2024 at 9:07 PM, CatoVII said:

My T/A keeps saying that it 

Edited by DrUrsula
Already answered

On 6/27/2024 at 9:07 PM, CatoVII said:

It depends on the ship.  

General categories:

BA/BA+ (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss, Encore). , Joy Haven. You could add the Epic to this list, but she has a few other undocumented perks. 

Joy Suites

Prima Class Haven (Prima, Viva)

Prima Class Suites (Prima, Viva)

Jewel Class Haven (Jewel, Gem, Pearl, Jade)

Small Ship Suites (Jewel, Gem, Pearl, Jade, Dawn, Star, Sun, Sky, Spirit, POA) 

Book early, hold off on final payment and check prices regularly

Now sailing in a family suite (SJ) on Prima this fall for less than what we were willing to pay for a club balcony when we initially booked. Yes, I know about the slides but thanks to posters on CC I was able to locate a cabin where they’re minimized. 🙂