The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 27th, 2024

richwmn

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I'm exhausted after the blood donation. Not from being down a pint, but from all the difficulties of both starting and ending it.

Paul, my DH donated platelets for years and felt the same way every time. He hates needles and they hate him too. I hope it passes quickly and that you feel better. 

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm home, had a lovely 2-hour nap and I'm cooking a Dr. Oetker pizza with mushrooms, to which I have added bacon and artichokes.  I'm hungry - very little discomfort and I'm very pleased it's all over.  Thanks and you can take me off the list, Vanessa!  And thank you to everyone sending out good vibes for me.

Ann, such great news!  Have a good nights sleep. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Lenda I think you're right.  They've settled down now, and one of them is even lying down relaxing.   I've been trying to wear them out with one of their favorite toys.  Nap time should be soon, right???? As I keep telling them, it's a very good thing that I love cats.

Sharon this looks really good, thanks!  

I hope you enjoy them!  I really like the bone in thicker cut pork chops, the ones that look like a T-bone steak. We buy them from TJ’s but I’m not sure you have one in your area. 

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Sharon in AZ Hi Sharon! 

Allen has pretty much cleared his eczema up. He has a few breakouts but overall he's doing good.

He still has not gained his pound... I think the morning we go to the doctor I'll make him biscuits and gravy, and a big bowl of grits!

Hi Joy!  So glad Allen is doing better with the eczema. I have breakouts too. 

Add some ham or bacon to the biscuits and gravy!!  BTW, that is one of Craig’s favorite meals. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm home, had a lovely 2-hour nap and I'm cooking a Dr. Oetker pizza with mushrooms, to which I have added bacon and artichokes.  I'm hungry - very little discomfort and I'm very pleased it's all over.  Thanks and you can take me off the list, Vanessa!  And thank you to everyone sending out good vibes for me.

I’m glad you’re home and all seemingly went well.  I hope you heal well.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm pleased to hear your post op results Ann and delighted for you.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Such great news!!  So happy you are home & with little discomfort 👍. I hope you got a great sleep last night and feel much better today.  

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Paul, my DH donated platelets for years and felt the same way every time. He hates needles and they hate him too. I hope it passes quickly and that you feel better. 

My energy level recovered just in time for bed, with the result that I was awake until about 4:00 a.m. My arm is not as bruised as I expected, but there is a needle track running crosswise to the vein.

Yesterday there was an open cot for double red cells by apheresis and they "invited" me to do it. Needles in both arms. Tried once ca. 2002 and was told never to do it again.

• Like 3