Water package.

AerynSun_JohnCrighton

I would not order more in advance because it takes up too much room.  There ar usually 2 bottles in your cabin as part of the in- room self serve setup plus the six bottles you are pre purchasing.  Also I bring a low profile bottle cap / stopper.  I don't think there was any savings on the prepurchase.  Just call room service when you get low and buy one or six.

• Like 1

Why are people buying plain water?  Is it for the better taste, or is there simply no plain, unbottled water anywhere on board people in non-suites can drink without paying a charge and a gratuity fee   (either at a restaurant, or from your tap)?  

I'm exclusively a sparkling water drinker so though I was on HAL recently,  I had a drink package as part of HIA when I booked the suite, and am not very experienced on HAL in non-suites.  So I  never had to consider whether or not one can get plain water without a charge.  

I thought the problem of risks of drinking cruise ship water (other than taste issues) was solved years ago, and it has become safe to drink, brush teeth with, gargle, etc.

1 minute ago, Catlover54 said:

Why are people buying plain water?  Is it for the better taste, or is there simply no plain, unbottled water anywhere on board people in non-suites can drink without paying a charge and a gratuity fee   (either at a restaurant, or from your tap)?  

I'm exclusively a sparkling water drinker so though I was on HAL recently,  I had a drink package as part of HIA when I booked the suite, and am not very experienced on HAL in non-suites.  So I  never had to consider whether or not one can get plain water without a charge.  

I thought the problem of risks of drinking cruise ship water (other than taste issues) was solved years ago, and it has become safe to drink, brush teeth with, gargle, etc.

Mine is medical. I drink spring water because of it. Even at home. No tap.

We bring the reusable bottles that we use for hiking and fill them (or the waiters do) with water from the Lido. Our bottles don't fit under the tap in the sink in the cabin otherwise I would do it there.

Sorry, @AerynSun_JohnCrighton just saw that you had a medical need for a certain type of water. Please disregard

Edited by Sea42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea42 said:

We bring the reusable bottles that we use for hiking and fill them (or the waiters do) with water from the Lido. Our bottles don't fit under the tap in the sink in the cabin otherwise I would do it there.

I have to have spring water. I can't drink tap too much or it makes me sick. Medical condition. Never drink it at home but I can drink it a little bit.

2 minutes ago, Ileneilene123 said:

I would also like to know if people report having trouble w/ drinking the ship’s tap water? Meaning, stomach issues? This will be our first cruise, on the Zaandam. 

I've been drinking ship water over the last 42 years!  Not any problems at all.

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I have to have spring water. I can't drink tap too much or it makes me sick. Medical condition. Never drink it at home but I can drink it a little bit.

Yeah, sorry about that! I missed that post, please disregard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ileneilene123 said:

I would also like to know if people report having trouble w/ drinking the ship’s tap water? Meaning, stomach issues? This will be our first cruise, on the Zaandam. 

We've never had an issue with the ship's water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a related issue, does anyone know if there are charges for *distilled* water (as is often needed  for CPAP devices and for nasal sinus flushing), or is that exempted as a a medical cost (like some hotels won't charge for such water for medical issues)?

3 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

On a related issue, does anyone know if there are charges for *distilled* water (as is often needed  for CPAP devices and for nasal sinus flushing), or is that exempted as a a medical cost (like some hotels won't charge for such water for medical issues)?

$2.95 per gallon for distilled water.  Can be purchased online where other beverages/packages are listed.  Delivered to your cabin.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

$2.95 per gallon for distilled water.  Can be purchased online where other beverages/packages are listed.  Delivered to your cabin.

Yep. Dad has to have that. We already ordered that. He says a little goes a long way with machine so a Gallon is plenty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oakridger said:

It is good to know for many pax that it is a lot cheaper than regular water (especially if one is on a very long cruise, e.g., one is rinsing sinuses twice a day, and cleaning CPAP once a day).  My DH is likely heading for CPAP soon, so I'm planning ahead.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ileneilene123 said:

We have drank and brushed teeth with HAL shipboard "tap" water in our stateroom, and had water in multiple venues for 15 years without incident.  Short of a CPAP `machine I think you can consume water on the ship without fear.  It tastes fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ileneilene123 said:

I drink tap water while on any ships.  I pack a reusable mug, fill it on Lido. On ships w/o the mini fridge, I also drink the melted ice from our in cabin ice bucket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1