Survey after booking?

3rdGenCunarder

This is a new one for me. I've received post-cruise surveys and an occasional random survey about some aspect of Cunard. But this morning, I received a link to a survey related to the fact that I just booked a cruise on Cunard. Has anyone had this? The email specified that it was about that recent booking. 

It asked about how I researched, what I looked for in making my decision, the sort of questions you'd expect. And then it had a scale of 1 to 7 (I think) questions about Is Cunard different? Is Cunard a Trend-Setter? I hate the trend-setter question. How do I know if what they do now will become a trend or fizzle as a fad? 

And of course, the stupid opera question. But not the question about enjoying dressing up to "make an occasion."

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

This is a new one for me. I've received post-cruise surveys and an occasional random survey about some aspect of Cunard. But this morning, I received a link to a survey related to the fact that I just booked a cruise on Cunard. Has anyone had this? The email specified that it was about that recent booking. 

It asked about how I researched, what I looked for in making my decision, the sort of questions you'd expect. And then it had a scale of 1 to 7 (I think) questions about Is Cunard different? Is Cunard a Trend-Setter? I hate the trend-setter question. How do I know if what they do now will become a trend or fizzle as a fad? 

And of course, the stupid opera question. But not the question about enjoying dressing up to "make an occasion."

Demand a bookshop…please. 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I get that survey after every booking and have done since restart. The questions never change. I have never had a post cruise one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Amo said:

They're panicking about their customer base. Were there any tattoo-based questions, or mentions of P&O?

No, but there was the following    'on a scale of O to 9'  ,  O being doesn't apply to me  - 9  being applies to me  

Question;     Being Called Sir or Madam is too formal for me  

Unbelievable 🤦‍♂️I expect it's in preparation for the 'New Vibe'          "Hi Guys are you ready to order"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

No, but there was the following    'on a scale of O to 9'  ,  O being doesn't apply to me  - 9  being applies to me  

Unbelievable 🤦‍♂️I expect it's in preparation for the 'New Vibe'          "Hi Guys are you ready to order"

I don’t follow this. In any case I think cabin and restaurant staff usual call me by my title and name, I think, or nothing at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Or possibly at the dinner table, "Are 'we' ready to order?" With the reply, "No, but 'I' am"!

We had a post booking survey recently when we booked onboard QA. However we didn’t receive a post cruise survey. We contacted Cunard to ask why we hadn’t received the post cruise one and were told our account wasn’t set up to receive surveys. Weird as we filled in a survey sometime last year before any voyage on Cunard and had the booking survey!  Hopefully set up to receive all surveys now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

I've never had that question. Who comes up with these questions?????

I believe I was always addressed by waiters with title and surname. 

Our lovely attendants in both our Cabin & the QG restaurant tended to call us Miss Emma & Mr Michael (having different surnames but being married nearly 20 years, we can appreciate they were being delicate in the modern world and not assuming we were married) and this was lovely as it showed they knew our names yet it was not as formal as sir or ma'am. Seemed to us to be a sweet spot between too formal and too informal.

On the main topic, have never had a survey but would love to complete one. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, e&mcruise said:

Our lovely attendants in both our Cabin & the QG restaurant tended to call us Miss Emma & Mr Michael (having different surnames but being married nearly 20 years, we can appreciate they were being delicate in the modern world and not assuming we were married) and this was lovely as it showed they knew our names yet it was not as formal as sir or ma'am. Seemed to us to be a sweet spot between too formal and too informal.

On the main topic, have never had a survey but would love to complete one. 😉

I was always addressed on QM2 by waiters as Mrs + first name  last summer I thought it also charming. I met one of them again on my last QM2 cruise in May and they remembered and again said hello Mrs…. 

Sir and Madam is a great catch all, and nothing like too formal. I would generally call any staff Sir and Ma'am if I wasn't aware of their names, and that is not just on Cunard. You don't have to use the terms in a solemn manner while tugging the forelock. Raise the inflection a bit and it just becomes respectful and light. 

In any case I'm not entirely sure what they want to gauge from the question, as what is in their mind as an alternative if an overwhelming return of these surveys say it is too formal? 

11 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've never had that question. Who comes up with these questions?????

I believe I was always addressed by waiters with title and surname. 

The question has often appeared on surveys here in the UK , it's been around for some time, same as the question relating to feeling uncomfortable at the Opera .

Yes I agree the majority of the time we are addressed as Sir/Madam , I expect the question is there to gauge the demographic of the Cunard customer and their replies