Princess Plus package in Galveston

rhonpat

I have a cruise scheduled on Regal Princess in January 2025 out of Galveston and will have the Princess Plus drink package.  I read somewhere that I can’t utilize the package until the ship sails into international waters.  If I ordered an alcoholic drink in port I will be charged both cost and gratuity.  Is this true?

Just now, rhonpat said:

I have a cruise scheduled on Regal Princess in January 2025 out of Galveston and will have the Princess Plus drink package.  I read somewhere that I can’t utilize the package until the ship sails into international waters.  If I ordered an alcoholic drink in port I will be charged both cost and gratuity.  Is this true?

yes

Princess gives $25usd OBC for the inconvenience of not being able to use the package til in int'l waters.

What you can purchase, at full price, is also limited to what is acquired in TX and has TX taxes paid on it.. so, don't expect all your favorites immediately. ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Texas has their fingers in the pie...

Princess imposes restrictions on Plus/Premier packages in Galveston that are not according to Texas law. Package holders have to pay for everything, including soda, until international waters. Arguably not a big deal with the $25 OBC, but still something to consider. 

When I was on the Regal with Premier last November, they told me the only thing I could get without paying extra was a glass of water. Texas law does not prohibit any business from offering unlimited soda. 

In the future, I will not book a package until day 2 on sailings out of Galveston. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Texas has their fingers in the pie...

TABC.  Son was a bartender and they are very strict.  We will bring on our two bottle wine allotment (one each).  We have a 6pm reservation for Crown Grill embarkation day.  Hope we are in IW by then.  Sailing says 3pm, but I've learned that doesn't always happen.

Edited by cruisinsince75