Credit Card/Check in

So I will be doing check in online this week for upcoming cruise out of NY to Bermuda. Some in my party who are not staying in my cabin are friends of my son, not my family. When they check in online using a credit card, will they need to show that credit card at Pier prior to boarding?

TIA

yes bring a credit card

on the cruises ive been on, i had added my credit card to the online check in and at the terminal, they sometimes asked for it to be added for the onboard account. maybe they just needed to verify the card or that information was never transfer between the ship and the online check in system

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, odessy said:

So I will be doing check in online this week for upcoming cruise out of NY to Bermuda. Some in my party who are not staying in my cabin are friends of my son, not my family. When they check in online using a credit card, will they need to show that credit card at Pier prior to boarding?

TIA

It doesn't need to be THAT card. It can be another card that you give them at the actual check in if you want a different card to be used. You can also switch it to a cash account and give money over at guest services once on board.

But I have never been asked to show the card at check in if I already had it on file. However, something might happen where guest services needs an updated form of payment. So something (card/cash) will be needed.

• Like 1

Sorry to jump on OP's thread, but does anyone know if I can go to Guest Services during the cruise and pay for gratuities etc using a visa gift card?

TIA

No, they will not.  A credit card is not required for online checkin, checking in at the port, or throughout the cruise 

1 hour ago, BRC6C said:

Sorry to jump on OP's thread, but does anyone know if I can go to Guest Services during the cruise and pay for gratuities etc using a visa gift card?

You probably can, but you can also use it to pay the gratuities before you board.  Just make sure to do it 48 hours before sailing 

I have never been asked to show a credit card when boarding.

Although, I do believe we've always had to input a credit card when doing online check-in. I recall them asking if Mrs. Schmoopie would be using the same credit card.

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I have never been asked to show a credit card when boarding.

Although, I do believe we've always had to input a credit card when doing online check-in. I recall them asking if Mrs. Schmoopie would be using the same credit card.

I always put Cash as payment when doing my online check in and give them my card at the port. 

26 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I always put Cash as payment when doing my online check in and give them my card at the port. 

Yes, I also put down cash during online checkin with no problems.  

TIA

No. If the credit card is accepted at online check-in time 21 days prior to departure, they will not be asked for the card at check-in at the port. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No. If the credit card is accepted at online check-in time 21 days prior to departure, they will not be asked for the card at check-in at the port. 

I’ve tried entering our cc during online check-in time 21 days prior but they never accepted it as it’s a non US one - even though it was always accepted when paying for the cruise in full.