Live from the Land of Princess

On 8/2/2024 at 5:32 PM, YVRteacher said:

5. Had another opportunity to gaze upon the suit

IMG_1500.thumb.jpeg.0a95e2472d4317d96d6a62a0434f4dcc.jpeg

Meh - Matt O had outfits that would knock this guy outta the water. I still haven't forgiven Princess for letting him go. Another reason to find me a rich sugar daddy so I can afford to sail on his new line....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Meh - Matt O had outfits that would knock this guy outta the water. I still haven't forgiven Princess for letting him go. Another reason to find me a rich sugar daddy so I can afford to sail on his new line....

Matt O was the best.  I think he's on Royal Caribbean now?

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

This is the print I bought at the Writers’ Museum. 
It doesn’t photograph well through plastic. I’m not sure if it’s for school or home.

IMG_1725.thumb.jpeg.d0ab4ea59698989d8417f6e8708be9e1.jpeg

Love it. Books are not  only the foundation but the fabric of life.

• Like 3

Sure!

Today is a sea day and I am sitting at the bar.

Tomorrow is Portland, England

Tuesday we dock at Le Havre and I am going to Honfleur.

Wednesday we return to Southampton for disembarkation and I fly home that evening.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Today is a sea day and I am sitting at the bar.

Hmm.  That's the title of maybe every one of my trip reports...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Have you ever tried the Three Wise Men? I found a bartender who is passionate about whiskey and he told me about it yesterday. Today I went for it! 

The three wise men are Jack Daniel’s, Jim Beam and Jameson. Serve with ginger ale and a twist. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to walk or make coherent sentences after this but it sure is good. My dad would shake his head at me!

IMG_1794.thumb.jpeg.29fa725d52aec14477eba3a1ab0a2a10.jpeg

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 14

31 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

WOW, what a cool montage! How did you do that?

Hi!

On your phone go to your album or camera roll. Use two fingers to alter how many photos are shown at once (zoom in or zoom out.) Take a screen shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Have you ever tried the Three Wise Men? I found a bartender who is passionate about whiskey and he told me about it yesterday. Today I went for it! 

The three wise men are Jack Daniel’s, Jim Beam and Jameson. Serve with ginger ale and a twist. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to walk or make coherent sentences after this but it sure is good. My dad would shake his head at me!

IMG_1794.thumb.jpeg.29fa725d52aec14477eba3a1ab0a2a10.jpeg

Does it count as three drinks on the plus tally board?

Edited by BamaVol

3 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Does it count as three drinks on the plus tally board?

I'd venture to say no given my experience onboard when ordering cocktails with two or more alcoholic ingredients, like a negroni.  Plus, they have drinks like Long Island Iced Teas on their menus which would wipe out your drink count vary fast if done by the shot.

Final sea day. Sigh. 
Today I thought about going in the hot tub but my tattoo is still a little textured and I didn’t want to risk anything. Cruise ship hot tubs are cesspools for germs.  I feel like I’m getting sick again which doesn’t surprise me with all the really sick people on this cruise and how crowded the tenders were and the lack of mouth coverage when coughing, sneezing and spewing out germ particles.

Today I watched a bartender sneeze into his open hand and return to his drink in progress without washing his hands. So many crew members cough without covering their mouth.

Anyhow, here’s what I did today:

-had a latte for breakfast but sat at Good Spirits where the mixologist added a little something

-went to the ONE AND ONLY enrichment presentation on this cruise, the former butler of Prince Charles, Grant Harrold. I was super impressed with CD Jayson’s interviewing skills but found the butler to be smarmy. I googled him. He was fired and sued by the royal family.

-sent emails

-tried to check in for my next two cruises but couldn’t. The NCL app didn’t work!😂

-had soup for lunch 

-went to Yes/No game show 

-went to the Voice of the Ocean. Wow!! I wish I had gone on the Island but my book could not be put down

-looked at Effy

-had my whiskey

-watched a movie

• Like 14

@YVRteacher Hello.  I don't even know how I found your live thread but I really appreciated you sharing everything.  I haven't been on the Island Princess but have sailed on the Regal recently. It is sad the lack of customer service you have experienced. We got off the ship in April. We noticed a few unhappy crew members also but most of them were great.  Our stateroom attendant was the worst we had ever experienced in all of our years of cruising. (Romeo, I wonder if your stateroom attendant is Romeo?) I had to read some of the stuff you were sharing to my husband and we were shaking our heads!  But, we believed it.

I know you had a great experience on the Island, will you give another Princess ship a try? I have only been on 4 Princess ships and Regal was our last favorite. (Size and layout)
I will be on the Regal next year for a similiar cruise as yours.  Thank you for sharing the fun details.  I took lots of notes from when you were in port.

We are vegetarians too and had really good rolls at Ocean Terrace also. I was amazed how beautiful yours were. Arnold from Kenya was there in Feb and then again in April when we were on the ship. He really went out of his way to make our experience at Ocean Terrace a good one.  He is so kind with a nice smile.  I wonder if he still is on the ship? You mentioned someone from Brazil.  I hope you enjoy your last veg sushi there. 🙂

I now have two books I want to read from this thread. 

Thank you for taking us on your journey.  I appreciated your sense of humor and your honesty. I hope your last two days are great. 🙂

Edited by rcprncss
error
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1