Live from the Land of Princess

3 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

More hot food!

IMG_8630.thumb.jpeg.15c881d8c9e6d0b246b0a2e0bfd6c939.jpeg

IMG_8624.thumb.jpeg.9d0b669d135f2cfb4e7aca781cd17989.jpeg

My photo does not do this dish justice! It is mushroom ravioli and wow! 

IMG_8622.thumb.jpeg.db4558a560c929b9b98b1954b8d91e49.jpeg

IMG_8621.thumb.jpeg.c164e96e35b8ecb2a25023f93ac143fc.jpeg

IMG_8618.thumb.jpeg.c88c06c613b8b11fd865bd72ff810edd.jpeg

IMG_8617.thumb.jpeg.1b92fc48d181ec2e221587fe98b960ea.jpeg

your buffet pictures are amazing - always perfect like they have just been put out - right over the top of the food and never see a sneeze guard to obscure the photo...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

your buffet pictures are amazing - always perfect like they have just been put out - right over the top of the food and never see a sneeze guard to obscure the photo...

Thank you. I am often taking photos through the sneeze guards. I just put my phone close to the plexiglass to avoid reflection.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Mermaid mimosa contains peach schnapps. I do not do peach schnapps due to an unfortunate evening of overindulging in university.

Hmmm, the one made for me on the Discovery definitely did not have that in it so there must be some bartender creativity happening on the ships.  Good you have options, lots of them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norwegianprincess said:

Such a lovely «coo» (pronounced excactly as the norwegian word for cow, «ku»)

«Bostadh» is a norse name/word, meaning something like «a place were you live»

I need to visit the Outer Hebrides! Thanks for beautiful photos!

Yes, the rare and excitable Heilan Coo! 
🐂

• Like 1

Today’s event offerings.

I notice they forgot to include “organize the library” from 3:30-5:30.

I have figured out that for evening events you need to arrive 30 minutes early to get a seat. This is true for the theatre, Crooner’s and Explorers Lounge.

IMG_8563.thumb.jpeg.489f95f036592262705ad9f3a68a2da2.jpeg

IMG_8564.thumb.jpeg.49ed86d2a342a9837a0608f6276dabea.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Today’s event offerings.

I notice they forgot to include “organize the library” from 3:30-5:30.

I have figured out that for evening events you need to arrive 30 minutes early to get a seat. This is true for the theatre, Crooner’s and Explorers Lounge.

IMG_8563.thumb.jpeg.489f95f036592262705ad9f3a68a2da2.jpeg

IMG_8564.thumb.jpeg.49ed86d2a342a9837a0608f6276dabea.jpeg

I have noticed in cooler climes the theatre and lounges fill up fast, but in the tropics, there is usually lots of empty seating in the Princess Theatre. Our strategy is one of us gets our seats and the other one gets the drinks to enjoy while waiting for the show to start. 🍹

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

The library on the Island Princess is now immaculate. I spent hours today shelf reading and organizing. Mess it up at your own peril.

By subject or author?

We once had a new library assistant who was merrily organising by size - mercifully her progress was halted before she got too far.

Edit: Note to self - finish reading all posts before chiming in 😞

Edited by Muckyduckway
  • Haha 8

On 7/6/2024 at 12:33 AM, YVRteacher said:

My dad would love this ship: just look at the typos! This would bring him close to Nirvana.

In a few days we will be in Newfounfland 

IMG_6256.thumb.jpeg.54b1f815d898923f3709354f3052d089.jpeg

Tonight one could enjoy some flacks in the buffet 

IMG_6260.thumb.jpeg.921120c185b3353e3e8badb2d9853a85.jpeg

About the typo's....they are definitly not checking...I was on the Regal Princess in June with my husband, our 10th Princess cruise. We were celebrating our anniversary....our medallians triggered a happy anniversary message  displayed on the panel near the elevator banks when we were close by......it was a nice surprise...except... my husbands name is not Gleem, it's Gary...LOL 

IMG_3768.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I did both. Fiction by author then I sorted the non-fiction according to the Dewey Decimal system. On this ship non-fiction is mostly biography and travel. I worked really hard on the travel section today!

My first job as a librarian I was sent a substitute outside supervision side to help in the library for one day. I asked her if she knew how to shelf read. She said yes so I asked her to shelf read the Easy Fiction section while I taught a grade 6 class.

45 minutes later she had those books “organized” from tallest to shortest!🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Tonight was the Marriage Match game show.

I usually enjoy this (on NCL it is called the Newlywed Not So Newlywed game) but it was very long-winded and the three couples were blah. One guy was so arrogant people were booing him.

IMG_8663.thumb.jpeg.26129826eda874344c7f7ab3af26175c.jpeg

Post-sunset beverage at Crooners. Tip: order this drink in a martini glass so you don’t get ice cubes landing on your nose. Just trust me. It’s better this way.

IMG_8668.thumb.jpeg.192776783a2ad2821a7456767bf39cce.jpeg

My breakfast order form is on the door and my bag is ready for an 8 hour excursion tomorrow in Falmouth. 

We have to tender so the meeting time is 50 minutes before the excursion start time. I don’t even know what I booked but I’m sure I’ll love it.  

My hope is to have a Cornish Pasty in Cornwall.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I did both. Fiction by author then I sorted the non-fiction according to the Dewey Decimal system. On this ship non-fiction is mostly biography and travel. I worked really hard on the travel section today!

My first job as a librarian I was sent a substitute outside supervision side to help in the library for one day. I asked her if she knew how to shelf read. She said yes so I asked her to shelf read the Easy Fiction section while I taught a grade 6 class.

45 minutes later she had those books “organized” from tallest to shortest!🙄

I would organize by colour....

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

My hope is to have a Cornish Pasty in Cornwall.

Back in my day, you couldn't get a vegetarian Cornish Pasty! I do so love pasties...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

What the heck?

Since when do we put the Ds and Ns with the Ms??

IMG_8667.thumb.jpeg.174c7a1297ea4ff07043e0278986d9f9.jpeg

It was convenient. My hobby job is at a fabric store. We have baskets so people won't restock the patterns. There are pictures on patterns - a dog raincoat does not look like a child's top, but the middle rack is a lot easier to reach than the bottom.

As a baby boomer, I'd use the excuse that Sesame Street didn't exist when I was a kid, but now most people should have seen it as kids and heard those words "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just don't belong"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Samkitty1 said:

About the typo's....they are definitly not checking...I was on the Regal Princess in June with my husband, our 10th Princess cruise. We were celebrating our anniversary....our medallians triggered a happy anniversary message  displayed on the panel near the elevator banks when we were close by......it was a nice surprise...except... my husbands name is not Gleem, it's Gary...LOL 

IMG_3768.jpeg

On the Royal Princess there is actually a sign near the midship stairs with directions to the “Whelhouse” Bar. The ship is about 10 years old and wonder if it’s been there all this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

What the heck?

Since when do we put the Ds and Ns with the Ms??

IMG_8667.thumb.jpeg.174c7a1297ea4ff07043e0278986d9f9.jpeg

As a library lover this would drive me crazy and would have to stop and fix.  I love to bring paperbacks on cruises and leave them behind for others to enjoy and read one another cruiser has left.  

I just love your writing style, wit and sense of humor.  Thank you for taking the time to entertain us all. Also  Love your port photos, they have made me interested in taking a similar cruise.  Do you by chance have a one page of the total itinerary that you can post?  I went back and  reread the first few pages but didn’t see one.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

This drink? This is a 24K Margarita and I had to use two hands.

IMG_8562.thumb.jpeg.fec4228bff9a09723c1d36548b6afad0.jpeg

You did it right. 24K Gold Margarita on the rocks in a rocks glass. If you order it frozen you have ruined a great drink. (I do specify no salt on the rim though.)

• Like 4