Cabin passenger can't go on our cruise. Looking for best option....

Background:
Carnival Vista--Dec 14 to 22/ 2024

Balance due on Sept 15th
Group of 20 with 7 cabins

All booked through a PVP in April

One of those cabins has 4 passengers with one passenger now not able to go.

What is the best option for that cabin? Their main priority is to maintain that cabin (not be moved) and avoid excess cancellation fees although they know there will be some.

Thanks in advance for suggestions from knowledgeable cruisers. 

So just asking why cant the person be a no show, which is what I'd do. Is there someone else who could take their place for a small fee. 

Is this person wanting to cancel and get their money back. What is the situation. Insurance situation?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So just asking why cant the person be a no show, which is what I'd do. Is there someone else who could take their place for a small fee. 

Is this person wanting to cancel and get their money back. What is the situation. Insurance situation?

No one else to take place. No insurance.

Just exploring best case options right now.....maintain cabin with lowest fees

If the passenger was a no show, you wouldn’t have to switch cabins, but would the others reimburse the person the amount of money (if any) lost at this point, and make final payment on this persons behalf?

3 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

If the passenger was a no show, you wouldn’t have to switch cabins, but would the others reimburse the person the amount of money (if any) lost at this point, and make final payment on this persons behalf?

Yes, it's one family.

If a person in a 4 person cabin is a no show, you will lose essentially the cruise fare for the 4th person.  Tough pill to swallow but if maintaining the cabin is a priority, it may be the only option. Depending of the fare structure you may have cancellation options.  Carnival has fare refunds on a sliding scale depending upon when you cancel or reschedule.  It would appear from the schedule you provided, there is ample time for an individual cancellation without a penalty. 

Try going to the Carnival website, looking at the cancellation policy, then calling the PVP.  Again, at 6 months before your cruise you should be able to most if not all of the cruise fare back or at least repurposed as an OBC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

How much was the deposit?  What is so special about this quad cabin?  Is it to keep the group together?  EM

Yes, the 7 balcony cabins are all together..

The rules may have changed. I would check with your travel agent.

Last week I deleted a person from our cabin just before final payment was due and there were no penalties at all. Carnival recalculated the rate and I paid the new balance due.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, surmy555 said:

I'm confused. If you no show you lose all your money. If you cancel now, at most you just lose your deposit. 

a no show for a 4th passenger is not alot of money. why cancel when its just the one passenger and not the 1st or 2nd on the booking.

I would look at the cost of booking a same category cabin today for 3 people and compare to the fare you paid. Idk if cancelling the 4th would result in a refare or not, but you would at least have a price to compare to. Often the 3rd and 4th passengers pay a reduced rate. You'll get port fees back either way but if you only paid $99 or whatever for the 4th person then it wouldn't be worth cancelling and messing with the booking info imo. 

On 7/4/2024 at 9:00 AM, surmy555 said:

I'm confused. If you no show you lose all your money. If you cancel now, at most you just lose your deposit. 

They can move you to a cabin that is intended for 3 passengers not 4.