NCL EPIC dining reservations for Taste and Manhattan

We used to be able to book Taste and Manhattan restaurants before the cruise.  When I try to book, I only have the option of booking a table for 6 or 8.

When will we be able to book for fewer people?  We already booked the specialty restaurants.  Do we have to book once onboard?  We're on the EPIC August 27th, 2024.  Thanks!

They have stopped taking reservations for smaller groups. You may be able to book on board, but I wouldn’t count on it. Other people will say that they have booked small tables once on board. The policy changed this past spring. YMMV. Good luck

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I thought for the Main Dining Rooms (Taste and Manhattan), reservations were not required.

They aren’t. Some people just like to try to make them. I don’t understand why, but what can you say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

They aren’t. Some people just like to try to make them. I don’t understand why, but what can you say?

We like eating around the same time each night around 7-7:30 which can be considered a popular time. Having a reservation has saved us waiting the quoted 30 minutes or so wait time a few times. That time also gives us time to have a leisurely meal and after dinner drink without worrying about being late or missing an evening show. That is my reason🤷

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:52 PM, zqvol said:

Glad I made advance reservations because on the Epic in January, lines were horrendous and there was a 45 minute wait most nights. Our friends did not make reservations and never was seated without at least a 30 to 45 minute wait. They were given a pager. 

On 7/5/2024 at 7:28 PM, Winter Blahs said:

We used to be able to book Taste and Manhattan restaurants before the cruise.  When I try to book, I only have the option of booking a table for 6 or 8.

When will we be able to book for fewer people?  We already booked the specialty restaurants.  Do we have to book once onboard?  We're on the EPIC August 27th, 2024.  Thanks!

Reservations at the main dining rooms are no longer accepted except for larger parties.

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Reservations at the main dining rooms are no longer accepted except for larger parties.

Thanks for your reply. That is unfortunate.  We like to be organized in advance.  We are a group of 4 and will attempt to book tables for 6.  They don't ask for names. I don't agree with the policy that only larger groups should be able to book in advance.  We will then sort it out onboard.  

On 7/5/2024 at 8:14 PM, zqvol said:

They have stopped taking reservations for smaller groups. You may be able to book on board, but I wouldn’t count on it. Other people will say that they have booked small tables once on board. The policy changed this past spring. YMMV. Good luck

We were on the Joy in September and were able to book all our dinners in advance.  This is disappointing.