Carry-on soda - combining in a single bag?

Hello - sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I could not find if so.  

Can we combine our soda allotment in a single carry-on?  In other words, if we have two people in our party, can we bring 24 sodas in a single bag, or do we need two separate bags with 12?

At least in Seattle, it doesn't matter how much soda one person carries.  Just remember that the soda has to be in cans - no plastic bottles are allowed (soda or water).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gives me an idea for the next cruise. I carry on 2 12-packs together "for me and my wife" and my wife does the same.

I don't really drink much soda, 1 a day at most, so it doesn't really make sense for me to do that, but I guarantee it would work.

• Thanks 1

I carry a small roll of packaging tape in my carry on to tape shut the boxes after security has opened them for their check. I once had flimsy boxes after opening and the cans spilt out all over the place. Not fun picking them up off the floor.

In my experience, we've been able to.....most of the time.  Seems like it may be up to the Port/Terminal.  In Port Canaveral and Miami, we were.  In Jacksonville we were not.  In Galveston, the first time we were there we were not, then the next time we were able to.  

So I'd say just be prepared if possible to carry in 2 bags, just in case.  These days I just prepare for the 'whatever' to happen, as long as it's rule I can abide by and get on the ship, I'm with it!

• Like 1

You can really do whatever you want, as long as you're carrying them. They might get inspected, but it's no big deal. 

I used to think I wanted to find ways to carry on as many as possible. In reality, I've found we're generally good with a 6 pack or so. 

• Like 1