Allure of the Seas 2025

We are new(er) cruisers and booked our next cruise to the Mediterranean.  One of the stops is Rome, but there is only one excursion and it is already sold out.  Does anyone know if they would be adding more excursions as the time gets closer?

No doubt there will be all kinds of SEs, they're just not formulated yet.  What I can heartily recommend for Roma is a golf cart tour.  It was a fabulous way to see everything up close while having a ball.  I booked it through Viator.  We were incredibly fortunate to have a high school history teacher as our driver and he was delighted that we were so fascinated with everything.  A super afternoon in Roma!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JStigs6 said:

Does anyone know if they would be adding more excursions as the time gets closer?

Welcome to CC.

You may want to browse the ports of call section of CC and the Roll Call thread for your sailing for some excursion ideas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JStigs6 said:

We are new(er) cruisers and booked our next cruise to the Mediterranean.  One of the stops is Rome, but there is only one excursion and it is already sold out.  Does anyone know if they would be adding more excursions as the time gets closer?

You can easily do Rome by yourself, or there are many recommended private tours - have you joined your roll call group ? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

You may want to browse the ports of call section of CC and the Roll Call thread for your sailing for some excursion ideas.

I’m not sure what the roll call thread is but I will figure it out and join. Thanks so much!

12 hours ago, little britain said:

You can easily do Rome by yourself, or there are many recommended private tours - have you joined your roll call group ? 

I’m not sure what the roll call thread is but I will figure it out and join. Thanks so much!

A roll call thread is where people who are on your sailing discuss that particular sailing and  get to know each other before the cruise. It is a good place to arrange slot pulls, bar crawls, shared private excursions, questions about your particular cruise, or even arranging an informal dinner to meet and greet the night before a cruise in the port city.

Since I never use a ship excursion. I have had great success on a roll call finding and making many private excursions  with those I will be sailing with.
In fact on my Bermuda cruise last month my daughter and I booked a fantastic private sailing excursion. The cost was $1,000, but we found 8 other people on the roll call who were willing to pay $100 each and all of us had an afternoon of snorkeling, beach, and cliff diving! Made new friends and had a great time! 
For private excursions use google or I have even taken suggestions from Rick Steves and other guide books to find local guides.

• Like 2