The Retreat Cabins by Ship Ratio

I guess the more guests there are the less individual and personalised the service becomes.

However, the counter argument is that the more suites there are then the greater the facilities there are for them…Certainly the E class ships offer more facilities for suite guests.

To get a true reflection of ‘quality’ of suite experience you would need specific ratios of suite staffing etc.

Funnily we had a similar conversation about business flights a few weeks ago. Much as the seats/food etc on our Etihad business A380 flight were excellent it never felt special unlike the business flights we have enjoyed on older aircraft. Simply the number of guests in business seemed to make it ‘less special’…I hope that makes sense…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did include the new suites on Silhouette & Equinox , the family cabins are now the horizon suite 

On M class the the family cabins are now suites 

Interesting how most post are about the Retreat area on this forum 

8 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

Very interesting info. Thank you for sharing this!

cjr

Thank you. I am no cruise expert, just sharing my best efforts.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

I guess the more guests there are the less individual and personalised the service becomes.

However, the counter argument is that the more suites there are then the greater the facilities there are for them…Certainly the E class ships offer more facilities for suite guests.

To get a true reflection of ‘quality’ of suite experience you would need specific ratios of suite staffing etc.

Funnily we had a similar conversation about business flights a few weeks ago. Much as the seats/food etc on our Etihad business A380 flight were excellent it never felt special unlike the business flights we have enjoyed on older aircraft. Simply the number of guests in business seemed to make it ‘less special’…I hope that makes sense…

Thank you for sharing. Our experience is the smaller ships the better. BUT it can change at anytime. Be flexible. Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Numbers are a little off for Xcel.

Total suites: 228 

AQ SS, Sunset SS, SS, MC SS: 186

Celebrity Suite: 26

Best Efforts. But will lookup again when home. Cheers!

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Did include the new suites on Silhouette & Equinox , the family cabins are now the horizon suite 

On M class the the family cabins are now suites 

Interesting how most post are about the Retreat area on this forum 

IDK what to say about The Retreat posts quantity. Perhaps just post more to dilute? IDK, it’s too advanced for me. I am simple minded, I guess.

To me, the spreadsheet reflects the new reality on Celebrity. A much larger portion of their advertising is pushing the Retreat experience and the newer ships have a proportionally larger Retreat, at least as far as number of cabins is concerned. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chemmo said:

I've referred to this conundrum on this board as the Celebrity Retreat Sophie's choice. Each has it's sizeable disadvantages. You can choose more intimate but limited facilities with personalized service (M & S class), or more complete but crowded facilities with banquet hall dining (E class). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I've referred to this conundrum on this board as the Celebrity Retreat Sophie's choice. Each has it's sizeable disadvantages. You can choose more intimate but limited facilities with personalized service (M & S class), or more complete but crowded facilities with banquet hall dining (E class). 

I guess that is why the revolutionised ships are popular. Not too many suites but with a ‘decent’ if not perfect suite deck…

Silhouette with its additional restaurants, being less elderly and with the S class favourite restaurant Murano perhaps being the ‘Sweet, suite spot!’.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ExArkie said:

To me, the spreadsheet reflects the new reality on Celebrity. A much larger portion of their advertising is pushing the Retreat experience and the newer ships have a proportionally larger Retreat, at least as far as number of cabins is concerned. 

Yes they started to up the suite ratio with Reflection.  Then even further for E-Class with dedicated Retreats.  But the suites are pretty much always sold out at very high prices.  So it seems to be a solid business decision for them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

I guess that is why the revolutionised ships are popular. Not too many suites but with a ‘decent’ if not perfect suite deck…

Or non Revolutionized ships for those of us where the Sun Deck is not a big draw but the comfortable furniture in the Lounge and Suite are priorities. 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Silhouette with its additional restaurants, being less elderly and with the S class favourite restaurant Murano perhaps being the ‘Sweet, suite spot!’.

The S-class is our favorites.  In my opinion the Silhouette was moved down the list when they revolutionized her and 'Hoppenized" the Lounge and stateroom.  

Our next sailing is on Solstice, our first time on her, and we are looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 12:28 PM, chemmo said:

Agree. Low ratio + Murano = Winner

• Like 2