When do you like to arrive for embarkation?

mica178

Arriving early for the cruise means skipping the rush and starting your vacation sooner. You can explore the ship, enjoy lunch without crowds, and settle in before sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 3:37 PM, MonsterJoe said:

We we've been on the ship as early as 11(ish) and as late as 2.  I probably wouldn't want to arrive much later than 2 because I just want to get my vacation started!

You can enjoy the ship, pools, bars, buffet....the sooner they get your luggage, the sooner you get it back.

I don't know that it would be worth trying to convince anyone, though - then you have that hanging over your head if they didn't think it was worth it!

First one on,first one off.

• Thanks 1

We now get as close to 1pm as possible.  The extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours is just time spent in a chaotic environment that is anything but a relaxing start to a vacation.  I would rather get on at 1, go to a now emptying buffet for lunch and when I get done head straight to the cabin since they are ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

We now get as close to 1pm as possible.  The extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours is just time spent in a chaotic environment that is anything but a relaxing start to a vacation.  I would rather get on at 1, go to a now emptying buffet for lunch and when I get done head straight to the cabin since they are ready.

THIS!!!

On 7/11/2024 at 6:07 PM, Essiesmom said:

Once you get in the door there should be a sign for Diamond/Aurea and you will skip some of the line.  EM

On 7/12/2024 at 7:52 AM, JamieLogical said:

I can say with certainty that out of Brooklyn, there is a separate check-in line for Aurea/Diamond that allows you skip the long rat-maze line for check-in. Once through check-in, if boarding has not begun, then there is a seating section for Aurea/Diamond and people seated in that section are boarded before the other passengers.

If I am Diamond (thus getting priority boarding) will my Gold status cabinmate get to skip the madness and board with me?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

If I am Diamond (thus getting priority boarding) will my Gold status cabinmate get to skip the madness and board with me?

Yes - everybody in your stateroom.

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Thanks 1

South Florida, specifically Miami, has the 5th worst traffic jams in the country. Found this headline:" Lanes on Interstate 95 South are all clear after a crash backed up traffic for over nine hours on Thursday leaving drivers angry and frustrated." Just take out trip interruption insurance.  Please check your documents heard that latest boarding for MSC out of POM is one hour earlier than it use to be.

I have always tried to get on board as early as possible in the past but I agree that it seems like instead of a few extra hours of vacation it means standing in line and chaos at the buffet.  I’m thinking I might try to arrive on the later side next time. 

However, does anyone know if I arrive between noon and 1pm in Brooklyn if there will still be parking in the lot? That’s my big concern about not arriving early. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I have always tried to get on board as early as possible in the past but I agree that it seems like instead of a few extra hours of vacation it means standing in line and chaos at the buffet.  I’m thinking I might try to arrive on the later side next time. 

However, does anyone know if I arrive between noon and 1pm in Brooklyn if there will still be parking in the lot? That’s my big concern about not arriving early. 

I have never seen the lot full at Red Hook, even as we were sailing away. PS, you can also reserve parking at Red Hook here. I have never done it before, but I intend to try it for our upcoming sailing in October. 

Edited by JamieLogical

16 hours ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

We arrived around that time and had no problem getting a reasonably good parking spot.  We breezed right through security and had a minimal line for check in.

For us it depends what port we are sailing from. If we have to check out of a hotel we wait until 11am to get our Uber to the port. If we drive to the port from home we always wait until 1-2pm for arrival.  It's just so nice to not have to wait in a long line and be able to get into your room as soon as you board.