What specialty restaurants are included for my Royal Suite?

mark46

Which restaurants are available to Royal Suite members at no extra charge?

Can reservations be made before boarding?  Do I need to use the Concierge?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mark46 said:

Which ship?

Edited by RosieRoo

Our own experience has been that sometimes we are charged for the specific items that are at additional cost on the menu, sometimes not.

Sushi on 5 is effectively all you can eat.  You could eat, leave, and turn right back around and do it again at the ala carte restaurants like Sushi on 5, so that's why there's not an ala carte limit.  That's only for pax that buy specialty dining packages.

• Like 2

We love that perk have had a upper suite on edge and was able to eat in all the specialty restaurants, normally do royal on M class so we eat some meals In sushi at 5 , normally a late lunch and it is unlimited, love Le Petit Chef always do that and Tuscan twice each. If not in a upper suite we will pay for Le Petit Chef.

All restaurants are available at no charge both for lunch and dinner.  You can dine specialty at lunch every sea day and at dinner every day.  As the above poster said, items that cost extra at some specialty restaurants (e.g., larger or higher caliber steak) may or may not cost YOU extra.  I would check with the maitre 'd before ordering just to be sure.  

Note that you need to make advance reservations both for lunch and dinner.  You can't just show up (even if the restaurant is empty).  You can have the shoreside concierge do it in advance or ask your butler once on board.  Note that, if you have specific preferences re certain restaurants on certain days or at certain times, booking well in advance is advisable.  That said, the do make an effort to "find" tables for RS guests but not always possible if you wait until the last minute.

1 minute ago, ggo85 said:

All restaurants are available at no charge both for lunch and dinner.  You can dine specialty at lunch every sea day and at dinner every day.  As the above poster said, items that cost extra at some specialty restaurants (e.g., larger or higher caliber steak) may or may not cost YOU extra.  I would check with the maitre 'd before ordering just to be sure.  

Note that you need to make advance reservations both for lunch and dinner.  You can't just show up (even if the restaurant is empty).  You can have the shoreside concierge do it in advance or ask your butler once on board.  Note that, if you have specific preferences re certain restaurants on certain days or at certain times, booking well in advance is advisable.  That said, the do make an effort to "find" tables for RS guests but not always possible if you wait until the last minute.

All restaurants are closed for lunch when in port , I will get a burger in outdoor retreat or wait to 3 for sushi at 5 to open.

Just now, George C said:

All restaurants are closed for lunch when in port , I will get a burger in outdoor retreat or wait to 3 for sushi at 5 to open.

Yes, that is why I emphasized "sea day" for lunch.  😀 On our recent cruise, the weather was too cold for outdoor dining, even at lunch.  So it was the buffet or brave the cold and take your food indoors.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark46 said:

All of them are included - except for special events like the Daniel Boloud Dinner event that includes the cookbook. (though I have gotten that at no charge) A la carte is included as all you can eat. (So get yourself a seafood tower at Raw on 5 on the Edge class, and unlimited gelato on the S class and M class ships)

Advance reservations are made through the shoreside concierge. Just call 1-877-RETREAT to make them, or to get your welcome email if you haven't gotten one. The reservations are handled through the ship's dining coordinator, so they won't show up in the app until you board - but they will ensure you eat where you want when you want pre-cruise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George C said:

I am a little confused as we have eaten lunch around noon in Sushi on 5 on Millennium many times when in port.  It was our "go to" during our Panama Canal East to West last year.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am a little confused as we have eaten lunch around noon in Sushi on 5 on Millennium many times when in port.  It was our "go to" during our Panama Canal East to West last year.  

I know on Summit in March they opened at 3 , it was a music charter not sure if that had anything to do with that . I heard some people say Luminae was open at lunch on some port days but never saw that. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

I know on Summit in March they opened at 3 , it was a music charter not sure if that had anything to do with that . I heard some people say Luminae was open at lunch on some port days but never saw that. 

And on Edge, I ate lunch at LGB on a port day.

Luminae was never open on port days on our cruise.  Sushi opened around 3 pm on most port days.  When I think of "lunch," I think of a meal prior to that, but if you want a late lunch, it's probably available.  Porch was not open on port days.  There may be some variation from ship to ship and port to port.  

Got to be talking about E class ships.  I have only sailed once on an E class ship.  All of my other  experiences are on S class except my last two cruises with Celebrity which were on Millennium. 

Posted (edited)

Just having a quick look-see at a few currently ported M and S opening times re: Sushi on 5.

M - Constellation - 3:00pm

M - Millennium - 3:00pm

M - Summit - 2:30pm

S - Eclipse - 12:00pm

S - Reflection - 12:00pm

S - Solstice - 12:00pm

Anyone else notice a trend?

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

Special lunches at Murano or Tuscan are not included. The special Indian dinner is not included. They may not charge for these on occasion as a special bonus.

The port hours are usually as stated above however they change if it is an overnight in port. 

I find it disappointing that Luminae is closed on port days...

6 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

We just had lunch at Murano on the Eclipse and there was no charge. 

I had lunch at Murano 3 times on a B4B (53 day) Solstice sailing and was only charged once, but the official policy is special lunches are not included in the upper suite unlimited specialty dining. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

We just had lunch at Murano on the Eclipse and there was no charge. 

On a separate note, but speaking of the Eclipse, what were your thoughts on general ship conditions?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Liao said:

On a separate note, but speaking of the Eclipse, what were your thoughts on general ship conditions?

It has not been revolutionized (supposedly scheduled for next April) so the Retreat lounge is Michael’s Club. It’s in nice shape but very dark with lots of wood. There’s no suite sundeck.  Food and service were excellent. Loved the staff everywhere on the ship. We did a B2B, one week in a Sky Suite, one in the PH. No complaints. 

Edited by RosieRoo

7 hours ago, canderson said:

Sushi on 5 is effectively all you can eat.  You could eat, leave, and turn right back around and do it again at the ala carte restaurants like Sushi on 5, so that's why there's not an ala carte limit.  That's only for pax that buy specialty dining packages.

I have to remember that. Sounds very interesting. Can you book those ahead?

37 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I have to remember that. Sounds very interesting. Can you book those ahead?

Yes.  That said, even on an at-sea day, I've never had a problem seating 4 with no waiting time at lunch.

IF they have it in supply, you should try the fresh Wasabi.  Nothing like the fake powder 99% use to make a green paste.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes.  That said, even on an at-sea day, I've never had a problem seating 4 with no waiting time at lunch.

IF they have it in supply, you should try the fresh Wasabi.  Nothing like the fake powder 99% use to make a green paste.

Yes, I was stunned that they once had real Wasabi. It's usually quite rare even here in Japan.

11 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

revolutionized... (supposedly scheduled for next April)

I don't think any ships are scheduled to be revolutionized since covid.

35 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don't think any ships are scheduled to be revolutionized since covid.

That’s what we were told by the Retreat staff on the Eclipse 🤷🏻‍♀️. She was getting updated in the spring of 2025.