"Unlimited Specialty Dining" on Celebrity?

Beachlover1989

I was looking through the Celebrity website with regards to Suite Benefits and noticed it mentioned in the Worldwide Destinations brochure "Unlimited Specialty Dining" (page 21 under "Premium Benefits"). I was unaware they did this for suites, is this a new benefit? Or could they just be referring to Luminae?

PH, Royal and Signature suites (Reflection) have unlimited specialty dining. This includes Sushi on 5 but were told Not the Micro Brew bar exclusive to the Equinox. We often find the food on Luminae just as good and sometimes for a splurge we have them cook tableside on our balcony when we have a PH....it's a treat.

• 2 months later...
New to Celebrity question: does unlimited mean free with no upcharge? We're in a Royal Suite

Yes it does. It's a wonderful perk. You'll love the royal suite. So much space. A large bathroom with

separate shower and tub and a half bath. Really spoils you. You also get free laundry and dry-cleaning.

At least we did last year.

Yes it does. It's a wonderful perk. You'll love the royal suite. So much space. A large bathroom with

separate shower and tub and a half bath. Really spoils you. You also get free laundry and dry-cleaning.

At least we did last year.

Great...especially the laundry part (just because we're "on the road" for 2 months and laundry costs really add up).

• 8 months later...
PH, Royal and Signature suites (Reflection) have unlimited specialty dining. This includes Sushi on 5 but were told Not the Micro Brew bar exclusive to the Equinox. We often find the food on Luminae just as good and sometimes for a splurge we have them cook tableside on our balcony when we have a PH....it's a treat.

Can you elaborate on this table side cooking for dinner on our balcony? We're in the PH on Solstice in a few weeks.

Can you elaborate on this table side cooking for dinner on our balcony? We're in the PH on Solstice in a few weeks.

We have cruised the PH on both M and S class and never asked for tableside cooking on the balcony although we have arranged off menu items to be served. On the S class PH balcony with its long narrow shape I would see it as a health and safety risk whilst on the M class there is more space and I could see it as a possibility....

I am not saying staff won’t accommodate you if you ask for food to be cooked tableside on the balcony but be willing to accept with grace if your request is refused....

We have cruised the PH on both M and S class and never asked for tableside cooking on the balcony although we have arranged off menu items to be served. On the S class PH balcony with its long narrow shape I would see it as a health and safety risk whilst on the M class there is more space and I could see it as a possibility....

I am not saying staff won’t accommodate you if you ask for food to be cooked tableside on the balcony but be willing to accept with grace if your request is refused....

What were the off menu items you requested? We've only sailed Star Class with Royal so we really don't know what to expect from Celebrity. What perks, other than what's listed on the website did you experience?

Got back yesterday . Stuffed ourself in murano x 3

Tuscan x 3 and qsine x 1 on top of luminae ..... all free

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

'Included' in your cruise fare. Sounds like a good selection of venures. We really liked Murano's on our last cruise. Maybe some day we will step up and pay for a suite category that includes access to Luminae. :)

Both the Royal and Penthouse Suites do not have deep balconies. If fact, the RS has a large bathtub with jets on the balcony. We have never used it and it takes up precious space. I imagine on the new edge class ships something will be done to improve the balconies for the upper level Suites. I definitely could not see cooking on the balcony being feasible or safe.

What were the off menu items you requested? We've only sailed Star Class with Royal so we really don't know what to expect from Celebrity. What perks, other than what's listed on the website did you experience?

We are very conscious of how busy restaurant staff and butlers are. When we have wanted something a bit different (usually on longer cruises) we have had conversations the day before. A couple of examples....We had mentioned to our butler we liked Indian food, the next day was a sea day and he asked if we would like him to arrange a selection of Indian starters and mains to enjoy at lunchtime (very yummy). On another occasion we were chatting at the end of our meal with the Murano M’D about how nice our meal had been. I mentioned my favourite meal was Steak Diane, he was kind enough to arrange to flambé the sauce tableside for us on our next visit.

As these two examples show we don’t tend to board with fixed ideas of ‘things we are going to request’.....it is much more how things evolve....

The Michael’s Club Concierge can sort out bridge tours, galley tours etc (speak to him/her early in the cruise).

Your butler can sort other special requests for you. A simple thing we enjoy is having a tea tray set out in our room with kettle. We also discuss with the butler in the morning if we want some afternoon tea delivered (now not routinely delivered to you but available in Michael’s Club). We also usually arrange for a snack of one type or another to be left in our fridge for a late night snack (shrimps, cheese plate).

I would add that many of the unnamed perks we have enjoyed are offered to all guests....if you dine several times in Murano’s they will be more than willing to accommodate a request regardless of your room.

Let your butler know the things that are important to you then relax and enjoy.....

Both the Royal and Penthouse Suites do not have deep balconies. If fact, the RS has a large bathtub with jets on the balcony. We have never used it and it takes up precious space. I imagine on the new edge class ships something will be done to improve the balconies for the upper level Suites. I definitely could not see cooking on the balcony being feasible or safe.

The RS balcony’s on Edge look really small as does the dining area....one of the main things putting us off booking!

Do Royal suites and above pay the upcharge in specialty restaurants for items such as the dry aged steaks or main lobster tails?

As far as I know you're charged. We were in the PH on the Summit the last two years and my husband ordered the upcharge steaks in Tuscan Grill both times and it was charged to our onboard account. Our OBC covered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
I reopen an old topic, the other answers are interesting, but I missed one information:

What about Sushi at 5 for lunch, is it also free? Which limit? It is 35$ on evening, right?

I don't think there is any up charge. At least not when we went last year.

We wish we had eaten there more. We waited until the last day.:(

Unlimited Il Bacio gelato is included too!

I’m really curious to see the final Royal suite on Edge. It does seem a little cramped compared to s-class. The bathroom looks fantastic but yes the dining table and patio don’t look very conducive to in room dining.

I reopen an old topic, the other answers are interesting, but I missed one information:

What about Sushi at 5 for lunch, is it also free? Which limit? It is 35$ on evening, right?

If you are asking about the unlimited speciality dining included with upper end suites, it is included for lunch or dinner. There is no limit.