When was your first cruise on Carnival?

Posted (edited)

My first cruise on a Carnival ship was on the Elation in 1999? Geez, seems so long ago...

What was your first ship and when?

Edited by john91498
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

My first cruise was on the Pride in 2000. Loved it then and love it now. The officers and crew continue to make my travels very enjoyable

Edited by Gari

Our first  CCL was in 2003 (Destiny and probably why we have a soft spot for the Sunshine), DS was just a yr old.  We have been cruising a little longer than that but started our cruising journey with RCCL the first few times. 

We do still occasionally sail RCCL in between our Carnival cruises and tried NCL a while back but that is a one and done for us.  

I sailed on the original Mardi Gras in 1989. A four day cruise to the Bahamas, that included time at the hotel Carnival then owned called the Crystal Palace. Don't remember much about it (I was a kid at the time), other than I had a good time and got stung by a jelly fish on the beach!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2008 at Spring Break on the Carnival Fantasy. Hated it.  Small ship, big waves - three of the four of us experienced seasickness (as did many others onboard). There was a door slamming shut over and over behind our interior cabin.  Guest Services couldn't identify what was keeping us up at night. I returned to work thinking "there has to be a reason why people cruise...let's book another to find out." 

2009 was a completely different (excellent) experience on the Legend - and I keep cruising.

Edited by Out of Iowa
capitalization

Posted (edited)

2009 carnival miracle out of nyc

it would be amazing if a spirit class ship sailed out of nyc again. The legend was suppose to do a few cruises out of NYC in 2020 but those never happened 

Edited by shof515

March 2012 on the Pride. DH had to BEG me to do a cruise for our honeymoon, and I started bawling when the ship pushed away from the pier. I was convinced I would get seasick and hate the trip. Finally on day 2 I realized....I'm not seasick! Cruising is awesome! Less than a week after we returned home, I booked our second cruise for the Breeze for November 2013.....and now DH is the one begging me NOT to book cruises! LOL. I just tell him "You started this mess." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanksgiving 2010 on the Carnival Fascination... My grandmother died during Thanksgiving 2009, so my mom booked this as a family trip since every other year of my life prior, we had spent it with my grandmother... It was almost 4 years later in the summer of 2014 that I took my first solo cruise on the Glory...

• Like 3

2002 on Carnival Ecstacy out of San Pedro before Long Beach Pier.  A 3 day cruise to Ensenada to test out if we would get seasick.  Sure enough on the sea day we were just bobbing up and down off of San Diego bay.  We were seasick after having breakfast.  But we learned from experience and on our second cruise we were better prepared since it was going to be a 7 day out of Galveston.  Being newbies, we weren't aware of Hurricane season for cruises.  Now we know not to cruise during Hurricane season or in the areas where we would hit rough seas.  But we are hooked on cruising.  Cruise twice a year or three if I can pull it off for PTO.

• Like 1

Carnival Imagination 2013. I was looking for something to break up a trip to Disney for my sanity. 

My youngest daughter didn't want to cruise said it would be boring and she'd be seasick.

Aside from during the height of COVID, there hasn't been a year when she hasn't cruised since 😁

Our first on Carnival cruise was the Triumph in 2008. 

We went to NCL and Royal

It was so bad it took us 6 years to try again.

We've done 28 more Carnival cruises since then.  

• Like 2

Carnival Breeze 2012.

However, we cruised on the Sea Princess in 1999 to Alaska, but that was before Carnival owned them. This cruise was also our very first. 25th wedding anniversary. Took years to get DW to go (snow everywhere! she said), but she has always wanted to go back. Maybe next year (50 years).

December 9, 2004 - Galveston - Carnival Ecstasy - 4 days

This was our "try it out" cruise.   Booked an interior, I believe.  When we showed up they took us to a room / office to get our cards.   Turns out we had been upgraded to U79, on of the balcony rooms with the "L" shaped couch.  It was fantastic!!