Question about Back to Back Cruise Process for Utopia

Hello All,

I booked back-to-back cruises on the Utopia.  Booked in the same cabin for each sailing. I'm writing to ask people who have done back to back out of Port Canaveral or on other Oasis class ships what is the process usually like. I've done side to side cruises but not back to back on an oasis class ship. I understand that the process could possibly be a little bit different on the Utopia once she gets sailing and there's bit more experience on the ship.

Thanks so much

Just now, blueslily said:

Hello All,

I booked back-to-back cruises on the Utopia.  Booked in the same cabin for each sailing. I'm writing to ask people who have done back to back out of Port Canaveral or on other Oasis class ships what is the process usually like. I've done side to side cruises but not back to back on an oasis class ship. I understand that the process could possibly be a little bit different on the Utopia once she gets sailing and there's bit more experience on the ship.

Thanks so much

You will meet as a group in a central location and be walked off and back on the ship as a group before regular passengers board. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will meet as a group in a central location and be walked off and back on the ship as a group before regular passengers board. 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Funny. Thx

9 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Thanks

Expect to have a rather large group doing B2B on that class of ship, especially since she is doing 4/3 rotations and is brand new. If their turn around process is anything like Wonder’s when it first arrived in PC, it will probably take 60-90 minutes to get you all off/processed/back on board.

Once you are back on board you should be able to go directly back to your stateroom.

There is a small chance that if there are enough B2B passengers, CBP might come onboard to clear everyone in a lounge with security dinging you out and dinging you back on as well. But this definitely not a guarantee, so expect that you will need to get off.

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

There is a small chance that if there are enough B2B passengers, CBP might come onboard to clear everyone in a lounge with security dinging you out and dinging you back on as well. But this definitely not a guarantee, so expect that you will need to get off.

We haven’t seen them do that since before the shutdown. When it did happen, it was typically because there were only a small number of B2B’rs on board.

We just did our turnaround on Adventure this morning and there were only about 20 of us and we all got off, went through customs in the terminal, and then re boarded.

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What was funny about that comment? That is how the process works for a B2B and is exactly my experience on my last B2B on Wonder last year. 

Me thinks it was a finger f@@t. Looks like they clicked on the wrong response.

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We haven’t seen them do that since before the shutdown. When it did happen, it was typically because there were only a small number of B2B’rs on board.

We just did our turnaround on Adventure this morning and there were only about 20 of us and we all got off, went through customs in the terminal, and then re boarded.

How long were you in the terminal? On my last B2B we waited standing in line for almost 15 minutes before re-boarding the ship. One of the comedians on the ship was in line right behind us so we talked with him the entire time. Learned some new things including guest performers are “processed” with other B2Bs when they stay on the ship for the next cruise. 

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

My last cruise b3b on harmony customs boarded in Galveston and checked. Not because it was a small group, exceptionally large group. 2nd one did not go well. The dinger the thing where you have to ding your card back in stopped working and they held us in a large conference room jammed full right up until the cruisers outside were boarding. In fact my friend outside boarded before I was able to ding out from the holding room.

I often do b2bs and not the fist time since covid they came on to check passports. 

50 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How long were you in the terminal?

From the time we left the Imperial Lounge to go to the terminal to do the customs stuff until we were back in our suite was ~17 minutes.

53 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

guest performers are “processed” with other B2Bs when they stay on the ship for the next cruise. 

As are the families of officers who are staying on the ship for additional cruises.

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Me thinks it was a finger f@@t. Looks like they clicked on the wrong response.

Corect. It was meant for a different post. Thanks

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What was funny about that comment? That is how the process works for a B2B and is exactly my experience on my last B2B on Wonder last year. 

Hi, it was intended for a different post. Thx. Clicked the wrong one. Not sure how. Thx. 

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

Expect to have a rather large group doing B2B on that class of ship, especially since she is doing 4/3 rotations and is brand new. If their turn around process is anything like Wonder’s when it first arrived in PC, it will probably take 60-90 minutes to get you all off/processed/back on board.

Once you are back on board you should be able to go directly back to your stateroom.

Thanks so much. Yes, I'm guessing there may be quite a few B2B folks due to it being short cruises. I'm not a fan of short cruises. But I want to check out the Utopia. A B2B is the only way it's worth it with the travel time required. The two sailings are decent price so Im hapoy to be abke to check out Utopia for my birthday! Thanks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Around what time did you all do this process? 

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

From the time we left the Imperial Lounge to go to the terminal to do the customs stuff until we were back in our suite was ~17 minutes.

Wow!

21 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Around what time did you all do this process? 

We got to the lounge around 9AM, and walked off the ship around 9:25.

23 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Thanks so much. Yes, I'm guessing there may be quite a few B2B folks due to it being short cruises. I'm not a fan of short cruises. But I want to check out the Utopia. A B2B is the only way it's worth it with the travel time required. The two sailings are decent price so Im hapoy to be abke to check out Utopia for my birthday! Thanks. 

Just passed by her on our way out of port. She’s pretty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Corect. It was meant for a different post. Thanks

That makes more sense. I guess it’s possible someone could find it funny how they herd you off the ship and back on the ship like cattle when doing a B2B. 

• Haha 1

We are considering doing a B2B on Utopia, but at the moment it looks like we would need to book a different cabin on the second trip.  If so, and even if not so, do you disembark with your luggage or without?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Le Pappy said:

We are considering doing a B2B on Utopia, but at the moment it looks like we would need to book a different cabin on the second trip.  If so, and even if not so, do you disembark with your luggage or without?  Thanks!

Your luggage stays on.