Shore excursions

babs135

Just received the booklet with details re our upcoming cruise on the Queen Anne and one paragraph re shore excursions stands out.

Cunard state that restrictions in each destination are changeable  and some destinations  only allow cruise line organised experiences.  I don't recall ever seeing this before. Obviously Cunard are hoping that all passengers purchase their excursions but is the 'warning' a new thing or have I merely missed it before.

We are cruising Scandinavia and Norway.

19 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Just received the booklet with details re our upcoming cruise on the Queen Anne and one paragraph re shore excursions stands out.

Cunard state that restrictions in each destination are changeable  and some destinations  only allow cruise line organised experiences.  I don't recall ever seeing this before. Obviously Cunard are hoping that all passengers purchase their excursions but is the 'warning' a new thing or have I merely missed it before.

It was common during Covid. Perhaps it is left over from that. Do they say what destinations?

50 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It was common during Covid. Perhaps it is left over from that. Do they say what destinations?

No, just a recommendation that we book our excursions before we board.  But you're probably correct about it being left over from Covid (something I hadn't thought of).

6 minutes ago, babs135 said:

No, just a recommendation that we book our excursions before we board.  But you're probably correct about it being left over from Covid (something I hadn't thought of).

Well, we are dealing with Cunard shoreside here, bless them.

We returned a few days ago from a 21 day cruise on Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Booked two excursions before we sailed and others onboard.  The excursions  taken were excellent but four were cancelled due to insufficient guests signing up.  

3 hours ago, babs135 said:

Cunard state that restrictions in each destination are changeable  and some destinations  only allow cruise line organised experiences.

I have known of this on occasion where the ship's excursion visits somewhere that is not normally open at the time the excursion visits or where there is limited capacity. Basically what it is saying is that if you try going there on your own you will not get in.

3 hours ago, babs135 said:

babs,

Thank you for mentioning about the booklet you received before the sailing.

The last two sailings, we did not recieve any mailing like that.

Have to enquire for our next March trip..How soon close to the date was it received? 

2 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

babs,

Thank you for mentioning about the booklet you received before the sailing.

The last two sailings, we did not recieve any mailing like that.

Have to enquire for our next March trip..How soon close to the date was it received? 

We've always received the booklet. This one came today (Saturday) just 5 weeks before we are due to sail - 18th August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1