Partial view infinite verandah 6213

I keep searching for the perfect room for our upcoming January 2025 southern Carribean cruise. I've already moved from deck 3 to deck 6 to front deluxe ocean view room 9103 on deck 9. This weekend I found a porthole balcony room 9110 and snagged it. Today I see room 6213 is available for nearly $3000/pp. It also says partial obstruction infinite verandah. Does anyone think this room would be a good move or a good price? I'm driving myself crazy trying to find the best room for the money. On our last Celebrity cruise we were booked in Aqua class but then I found an aft cabin which had two large rooms and a huge balcony for the same price. That was the best room we've ever had and I'm not looking for lightning to strike twice but I sure wish it would!

Mr305 thank you for the video of this room. So it's a big fat no for me! No desire to pay that amount of money to look outside at a lifeboat. I'll keep looking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

I'd keep any balcony over an "infinite veranda". And yes, that is from an S class ship, not an E class ship. 

I keep seeing that. Why, FOR THE MOST PART, do people not like the IV'S?

We didn't hate the Infinite veranda. Just didn't like as well as a real balcony. Those are not in any sense of the word an actual "veranda" or balcony. Just a big window. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

We didn't hate the Infinite veranda. Just didn't like as well as a real balcony. Those are not in any sense of the word an actual "veranda" or balcony. Just a big window. 

Agree, and the floor to ceiling dark shade makes it hard for 1 person to enjoy view while the other sleeps

• Thanks 1

A whole host of reasons for disliking IV

as noted, it’s not a balcony, just a window that opens. The window  can be closed by the bridge.

When the window is open, the room air conditioning goes off

The dark shade can be noisy when it goes up and down

Unlike the outdoor area of a regular balcony, the area next to the window is not appropriate for hanging up a wet bathing suit

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zwallace said:

I'd thought I would like to stay in an IV. now I'm glad I'm in a porthole balcony. Does the Beyond have any regular balconies?

For suites and in the wake-view cabins.

I'll be on Reflection in about a week or so, my parents got one of these rooms.  It's a short trip, they wanted to join us and didn't mind dealing with a partial view.  But I agree, if I were to be on a ship for a week's cruise, unless it's priced aggressively, I wouldn't book one of these rooms.  The blocked view becomes a bigger problem once in port and can't enjoy the scenery.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mr305 said:

I'll be on Reflection in about a week or so, my parents got one of these rooms.  It's a short trip, they wanted to join us and didn't mind dealing with a partial view.  But I agree, if I were to be on a ship for a week's cruise, unless it's priced aggressively, I wouldn't book one of these rooms.  The blocked view becomes a bigger problem once in port and can't enjoy the scenery.

I assume you mean that they are in an obstructed view room because there aren’t any infinite verandas on reflection

• Like 2

On 7/16/2024 at 8:43 AM, zwallace said:

I keep seeing that. Why, FOR THE MOST PART, do people not like the IV'S?

we have had many threads here in the recent months discussing pros and cons of infinite verandas. If you do a quick search, using the search window, you will see all of them.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 11:25 AM, zwallace said:

I'd thought I would like to stay in an IV. now I'm glad I'm in a porthole balcony. Does the Beyond have any regular balconies?

yes, porthole view verandas and sunset verandas are the regular balconies. There may be more.

• Thanks 1