Best Restaurant and/or Bar on Icon for Embarkation Day?

We very rarely, if ever, venture into the WJ. We have not yet cruised on Icon but will next year and looking forward to it! When the specialty restaurants had a sale, I booked us reservations for Hooked on boarding day. I also upgraded our cabin to a full suite (surprising DH) and plan to eat most, if not all, of our meals in Coastal Kitchen. I apologize for bragging but I am so darn excited! Hope you have a wonderful cruise on Icon and hope you do a review to let us all know how it went! Cheers!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I too am interested in any info on embarkation lunch.

The app, set to the current sailing, should list all of the dining venues available on boarding day. 

The least crowded option (and it will still be packed) is the Aqua Dome Market place. A nice concept that I hope to see more of in the future (with a lot less children).

Curious to see what folks think about CK on this ship. Found it closed off with no view compared to other CK's.

If you want to spend some $ (it is well worth it) try empire Supper Club one night.

Another neat quick bite stop is Surfside eats.

One and done for us on this one, the teens take it over by day two. When 50-75 teens invade your bar and want virgin frozen drinks all at once you might as well move on...

• Like 1

In May, windjammer was still having the upscaled embarkation lunch, not sure if that is still the case.  We skipped it and went to Surfside Eatery, it was like we had the entire place to ourselves.

Highly recommend Pier 7 which also got very little traffic during the cruise, but prefer the dinner menu which has a few additional options.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The app, set to the current sailing, should list all of the dining venues available on boarding day. 

That I know. Looking for experiences from others.

When we were on Icon we did what we always do on Oasis class ships. Go to Central Park, have a few drinks at the Trellis Bar and go to Park Cafe for lunch. I have never seen Central Park get crowded early on embarkation day on any Oasis class ship and this was also our experience on Icon when we cruised on her in February. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We went in March and the Windjammer was a must for its elevated offerings only on embarkation day. So much seafood, including lobster, and multiple carving stations. I know you said you're not fans of WJ, but just sharing in case the different offerings were of interest. Of course, if that's not your thing, the place we ate at the most throughout the trip was the Aquadome market. We would grab our food and bring it to the outdoor seating area by the Lime & Coconut and grab a drink there to accompany our meal. We never had a problem finding a spot to eat in that area and we were there during Spring Break.

Windjammer First Lunch-23.jpg

Windjammer First Lunch-6.jpg

0J0A8498.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ashland said:

The Icon WJ had lobster and a variety of seafood one evening also besides embarkation day lunch. We found all the food venue options on Icon to be wonderful.

Do you remember which day? 
thanks

47 minutes ago, Afever said:

Do you remember which day? 
thanks

It might have been night 6 or 7 on our 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in May. Just check with the WJ staff to be sure.