Princess Plus Package

AliceS

On 7/16/2024 at 7:27 PM, Boku said:

You don't have to have the speciality desserts, you can just order the gelato. Very nice it is too, much nicer than the ice cream in Swirls.

Well…it seems to depend. On our first week on Sky last year they were happy to dole out gelato by itself ( including flavoured varieties). Part way through the cruise this was refused. I went to cust services and they confirmed it was correct. After that it was a case of ‘a godfather but hold the sprinkles, sauce, cake, cream etc. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Room service is "free" if you use the app. Apparently, there is a $5 charge, if you use the room phone to call for room service.

If you have the plus or premier package there is no charge for calling room service

3 hours ago, Boku said:

Have you looked on the Princess website? The info you are looking for is there.

Well I can't seem to find it. 

Here is a list of places that I am still unsure if we pay or not: Vines, Cafe Caribe, Trident Grill, Coffee and Cones, International Cafe. 

And it was only through posting here that I finally understood about the Gastropub. 

On 7/16/2024 at 11:43 AM, wallyj said:

Some of the Royal Class ship with the Gelateria allow substitution of Sundae/Premium dessert for any Gelato scoops, but my experience on Emerald last year asking for Gelato that was in case by International cafe their answer was No, there is a charge, even if you have Plus or Premier package, YMMV.

On Grand Princess last year we had Plus but they charged for Gelato. Lame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Room service is "free" if you use the app. Apparently, there is a $5 charge, if you use the room phone to call for room service.

Not if you have Plus or Premier.

16 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Gastropub is a "casual" dining venue. It is not one of the specialty venues. With the Plus Package, you get two casual dining meals, but no specialty dining meals.

15 hours ago, darnheather said:

I did when I signed up last year. Did they change the package rules?

Specialty dining was not included last year. 2 Casual Dining with Plus and unlimited Casual Dining with Premier. If you got "included" Specialty Dining it must have been a perk from your TA.

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Specialty dining was not included last year. 2 Casual Dining with Plus and unlimited Casual Dining with Premier. If you got "included" Specialty Dining it must have been a perk from your TA.

Or maybe staying in a suite where you get a free Specialty Dinner on Embarkation night?

59 minutes ago, darnheather said:

Here is a list of places that I am still unsure if we pay or not: Vines, Cafe Caribe, Trident Grill, Coffee and Cones, International Cafe. 

And it was only through posting here that I finally understood about the Gastropub. 

I appreciate you asking because I also spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to find the same info for my upcoming cruise on Ruby while weighing Plus vs Premier package. Hopefully Boku comes back with their tips on how to find it on the official Princess site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darnheather said:

@darnheather  This might help.

dining-options.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

On Grand Princess last year we had Plus but they charged for Gelato. Lame.

On the royal they also would not give us free gelato even with premier, so we ordered the bigger free dessert with gelato . On the regal they would just give us three scoops of gelato with the premier package included. 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Post #290 in this thread shows the dining options with links to the menus.

So if I'm reading it correctly, Vines is a casual menu and counts to the one of 2 included in the Plus package? 

On 7/17/2024 at 5:19 AM, Esprit said:

I have an allergy to Gyms, so I will pass on the fitness classes.

I prefer to exercise by raising Peroni beer bottles to my mouth. That should burn off some calories so I can have a big dessert as a treat to myself!

You are my person!😂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darnheather said:

So if I'm reading it correctly, Vines is a casual menu and counts to the one of 2 included in the Plus package? 

Yep. Sadly, even the Vines menu is more food than we can eat. One prix fixe meal is plenty for the two of us. I don't look like I "eat small" but I really can't eat a whole lot of food at one sitting and don't have the desire to "train" myself to be able to do so. At one point years ago I weighed 290 lbs. Ugghhh...Today I'm annoyed that I weighed 226 lbs. (I actually hit 209 at one point last year and felt positively thin. I would love to "settle" around 215 but it's difficult to do so.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, darnheather said:

Here is a list of places that I am still unsure if we pay or not: Vines, pay or have plus or premier packageCafe Caribe, No fee-extension of buffetTrident Grill, No fee Coffee and Cones, pay for coffee if you don’t have a plus or premier package,No fee for ice cream cones International Cafe. No fee for items in the case,unless it’s the giant cake slices or gelato.

And it was only through posting here that I finally understood about the Gastropub. Salty Dog gastro pub - pay or have a plus or premier package. Not to be confused by Salty Dog grill out on deck,complimentary.

All locations vary by the ship.

Edited by arizonaperson

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

There is a $14.99, one time per cruise, fee to cover the room service when you don't have a package, correct...  Ocean Now...  Just want to avoid any confusion.

The one-time $14.99 fee is for ordering with Ocean Now (using the app) from your room or elsewhere on the ship. If you order room service by telephone, it is $5 each time you order. Both of these are included with Plus or Premier.

Posted (edited)

@darnheather Included in the plus package is: 1. wi-Fi =one device per Guest, ( this means 1 device connected at a time- can switch back in forth)

2. Beverages -wide selection of non-alcoholic soft drinks and special coffees, cocktails, wine and beer up to $15 each. 25% off bottles of wine..power shots from the unlimited juice bar. ( varies ship to ship) If the second person in the cabin is under the alcoholic drinking age, they will get the soda and more package or whatever they call it.
3. Crew appreciation is included , 2 casual meals per sailing,( selection of restaurants vary ship to ship) ,2 premium desserts per day, ocean now which is the delivery anywhere onboard -the fee is waived, room service delivery unlimited .

4. Two fitness classes per sailing.

Edited by arizonaperson

10 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@darnheather Included in the plus package is: 1. wi-Fi =one device per Guest, ( this means 1 device connected at a time- can switch back in forth)

2. Beverages -wide selection of non-alcoholic soft drinks and special coffees, cocktails, wine and beer up to $15 each. 25% off bottles of wine..power shots from the unlimited juice bar. ( varies ship to ship) If the second person in the cabin is under the alcoholic drinking age, they will get the soda and more package or whatever they call it.
3. Crew appreciation is included , 2 casual meals per sailing,( selection of restaurants vary ship to ship) ,2 premium desserts per day, ocean now which is the delivery anywhere onboard -the fee is waived, room service delivery unlimited .

4. Two fitness classes per sailing.

So, if you have Plus/Premier, is there a difference between using room service or Ocean Now, in ordering alcoloc drinks to the cabin?

1 hour ago, crawford said:

So, if you have Plus/Premier, is there a difference between using room service or Ocean Now, in ordering alcoloc drinks to the cabin?

No difference. Either Ocean Now (using the app) or room service (using the phone) is no charge, except for the drink cost in excess of $15 (Plus) or $20 (Premier).

If you use the app, the drinks should be charged to the person using the app. If you use the phone, you should be able to tell them whom to charge the drinks to. This could make a difference if one of you reaches the 15 drink limit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HotRoot said:

I believe Bistro del Sur or Discovery turned into a Catch by Rudi?

Yes…this is an older list but most of them are correct.  Unfortunately Princess has removed this helpful guide from their website.

4 hours ago, crawford said:

Not really but it seems to get to the cabin faster by calling. Just from a few experiences 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Not really but it seems to get to the cabin faster by calling. Just from a few experiences 

Was as curious about that, as well. Probably a better choice calling, when it is not close to mealtime. Don't know how my spelling of "alcoholic" was missed. I swear I was not drinking! 😄 

• Haha 1