Prebooking Chef's table info

Hi y'all,

We are sailing the Crown to Alaska this Saturday out of San Francisco.  I had read that you either needed to go to guest services, the dining room manager or dial the DINE Line to get a reservation at the Chef's table.

Today I went to the Princess homepage on my computer (not the app) and clicked "chat" in the bottom right hand corner and made my request.  It was very easy.  The agent even asked me which night I would like, so I selected the first formal night to make it a little extra special.  I do not know what the standard protocol is but am simply offering my recent experience in case others were wondering.

Happy cruising!

• Like 2

Sorry but what you booked could not be the chef’s table.  You have to put your name on a list once onboard and when they have the 12 people necessary to have one they will contact you if you are selected.  You also don’t get to pick your own date.  I suspect what you actually booked was the ultimate balcony dinner.

• Like 4

What you read is what we've personally experienced. Had no idea the chat folk could do that.

Please come back after you cruise and let us know if that really worked!

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Sorry but what you booked could not be the chef’s table.  You have to put your name on a list once onboard and when they have the 12 people necessary to have one they will contact you if you are selected.  You also don’t get to pick your own date.  I suspect what you actually booked was the ultimate balcony dinner.

Since one pays extra for the UBD, would it show up in the Travel Summary?

@Indiana Rob you should check this.

• Like 2

What price did they charge your credit card?  Never heard of pre booking CT.  
They don’t usually decide the night or nights of the CT until your once OB and they determine how many are interested.

Interesting.🤔 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

UBD - $110 charged to card - shows on Travel Summary - Sun P - for October

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Yes it shows up under “Special Services” on the Travel Summary.  It’s below the itinerary, just above Important Notices.

Edited by PacnGoNow

@Indiana Robis 100% correct- Princess is now taking your $ - for us it was $100 per person- for pre booking the Chefs Table. You will receive a receipt and it will show in your Travel Documents as pre booked and give you a date. 

However, once onboard they aren’t “ honoring “ the reservation. We are currently on the 16 night Iceland British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess and we still haven’t gotten confirmation on what night our Chef Table is, we have been given the complete run around from every Department on this, and the most frustrating thing about it is that every staff member keeps trying to up sell us to the Wine Maker Dinner for an extra $50 per person telling us that they can guarantee us a night for that but can’t guarantee that we can get in to the Chef’s Table. When we tell them that we pre paid for it, show them our receipts and our Travel Summary all that we are told is we can upgrade to the higher level of wine maker’s Table or get OBC.

Talk about run around and frustration!!!’ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nolafan said:

@Indiana Robis 100% correct- Princess is now taking your $ - for us it was $100 per person- for pre booking the Chefs Table. You will receive a receipt and it will show in your Travel Documents as pre booked and give you a date. 

However, once onboard they aren’t “ honoring “ the reservation. We are currently on the 16 night Iceland British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess and we still haven’t gotten confirmation on what night our Chef Table is, we have been given the complete run around from every Department on this, and the most frustrating thing about it is that every staff member keeps trying to up sell us to the Wine Maker Dinner for an extra $50 per person telling us that they can guarantee us a night for that but can’t guarantee that we can get in to the Chef’s Table. When we tell them that we pre paid for it, show them our receipts and our Travel Summary all that we are told is we can upgrade to the higher level of wine maker’s Table or get OBC.

Talk about run around and frustration!!!’ 

P should issue you refundable OBC ...

• Like 1

Chefs tables also involve a selection process if there are more than 12 but less than enough for 2 nights.  You can’t buy your way in.  So sorry that you were given bad information and charged.  Sometimes they don’t have them at all if there isn’t enough interest 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Actually we enjoy the Tuscans lunch when it is offered and at $40 a great deal. And no you can’t reserve it in advance

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Let us know how this works out for you.  Btw, our DD, SIL and GD are on your cruise.  

Have a great time!

So where is this being delivered ?  Sounds more like UBD than chefs dinner. No time or dining room noted ?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, memoak said:

So where is this being delivered ?  Sounds more like UBD than chefs dinner. No time or dining room noted ?

I'm still a bit skeptical that this will work out, but we will find out next week how it turns out?  🤷‍♂️

Edited by LACruiser88

1 hour ago, Indiana Rob said:

image.thumb.png.aa948445cb240a1438f45c860d4518a2.png

Nice, my husband doesn't drink so the one time we got selected he was happy getting soda. I plan to call when we board in Oct. because if we get selected (if they have it) I want to use some of our OBC. They should have a card in your cabin at some point with the instructions.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

@Indiana Rob...the Winemaker's Dinner *used* to be only $40 p/p.  I think they went to more upscale wines (not totally sure about that.)  We have done the $40 version several times...we really enjoyed it, but when they went to $140...nope! We're not really big wine drinkers so even if it was the literally best wine in the world we wouldn't know the difference!  The $40 meal was excellent.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, memoak said:

Chefs dinners are never scheduled in advance

Probably a silly question, but who do I speak to when we board and let our interest in booking a wine pairing meal and/or the Chef's table? I know one of my sisters really enjoys food and wine, I know she would join me for one of the extra special meals onboard. Thanks!

• Like 1

On your advice, I made a reservation on our cruise leaving the 26th.  Haven’t been to the chef’s table for a long time.Hope it works, but I will call the dine line when I board to confirm.  Good luck to both of us!

• Like 3