Infinite Balcony Question

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I appreciate you doing this.  So you’re saying AC stays on when the window of the INFINITE VERANDA is open?  You are confusing me referring to a balcony because I thought you said you would be in a suite?

I hope you know my personality a bit by now.  I meant liar all in jest - I really feel like people don’t realize how little the ac can cool with the window open or that celebrity changed if the ac stayed on. I wasn’t calling you a liar - I don’t remember you even stating either way about the ac staying on or not. I just know you hate ‘balcony’ in reference to the IVs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelownadon said:

You did not sit on the balcony. Celebrity purposely calls it a veranda so even they can say it’s not a balcony.  So don’t carry on with the lies yourself by calling it a balcony. 

Whah! I used balcony instead of IV. Pretty sure anyone reading my comments are aware I said it in jest and that I’m on in a silo IV. Oh wait - I’m trying to provide real answers that confused me before my cruise - I’m such a bad human. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I just know you hate ‘balcony’ in reference to the IVs. 

Maybe that’s because they’re not balconies?  In other news, an apple is not an orange.

Why do we have to talk about “bad person” or “unhappy person” just because someone wants to use accurate language?

Edited by zitsky

I’ve returned to my cabin after dinner.

image.thumb.jpeg.a225f6caf70f739ebed9a72dd715b8ee.jpeg
The window remained open.  The ac is still similar - maybe it can’t go below 60 degrees??

image.thumb.jpeg.2190c4669f30d419ed7671073ef82782.jpegHopefully you can read that. Harder to see without sunlight helping. 
The doors are really damp foggy looking but mirrors and such are clear in cabin. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d0b8417f138cc455dd2341e31f90c542.jpeg

Just because the ac is putting out drier air doesn’t mean the cabin isn’t humid.  It is noticeably more humid. Again I’m from north Texas so it’s still comfortable to me. But it’s not chilly comfortable as it was before. 
I put the thermometer in the veranda part to see what it shows before I close the window.  After 10 minutes or so. 
image.thumb.jpeg.e1a45b0f1e4beb5ca5f8c6aff476c83b.jpeg
Sorry - I didn’t think to capture this earlier. 
With only 2 minutes of the bifold door being opened, the mirror in hall fogged up. Oddly the desk mirror did not yet.  
In about 3 minutes, the fog cleared and I thought the room felt fine again (drier). The room is set to 66 and if I read this correctly, it’s actually 69 per wall thermostat. 
image.thumb.jpeg.c01df2735cea03f9655a1790b4f85e46.jpeg

Anyway this is on beyond. So far I’ve had no issues with the AC performance.  
I do not care for the small chairs but the replacement chair is worse.  
So far I have only had a couple of waking hours in my cabin.  Service has a little to be desired.  They talk the talk, but they aren’t overly efficient at resolving issues. I had to step over this mess for over 24 hours - and they wouldn’t even give me a broom to deal with it myself. 
image.thumb.jpeg.6b9fa7d44f15119dc642d40e0159841b.jpeg
it is resolved now. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe that’s because they’re not balconies?  In other news, an apple is not an orange.

Why do we have to talk about “bad person” or “unhappy person” just because someone wants to use accurate language?

I don’t consider you either. Just stating the comment wasn’t referring to you.  When I use the term ‘lanai’ I definitely am jesting with you.  Not sure you find it funny tho. 

6 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I don’t consider you either. Just stating the comment wasn’t referring to you.  When I use the term ‘lanai’ I definitely am jesting with you.  Not sure you find it funny tho. 

So the bifold doors are solid?  Not Venetian?

How can a veranda be infinite when the universe is not infinite???

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So the bifold doors are solid?  Not Venetian?

How can a veranda be infinite when the universe is not infinite???

Mostly what you’d expect in terms of glass bifold doors but these gaps next to the walls when completely shut. 
image.thumb.jpeg.c88e745720f2e7083afeac1938113515.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Mostly what you’d expect in terms of glass bifold doors but these gaps next to the walls when completely shut. 
image.thumb.jpeg.c88e745720f2e7083afeac1938113515.jpeg

I think this makes it less desirable for me.  So I can have a cabin with doors and I can open them and go “outside”?  Or I can have doors that open that then let me open a window???

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 10:20 AM, Liao said:

People who think an IV is a balcony cabin did not do their homework.  It states Infinite Veranda, does not say balcony.

Celebrity doesn't use the term balcony at all on any ship. Most people can't distinguish Infinite Veranda vs Veranda and when you look at the pictures it gives the impression that the screens are doors that would separate the two spaces in order to control the temperature inside. There is no mention that the room will become hot and humid or cold and damp.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 7/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I bet more of this IV thing than any of us know is to cut down wind resistance while sailing…

Regardless, they seem to be filling the ships..my ABC cruise this September on the Beyond is sold out at all levels below The Retreat, or at least it was showing that a couple of days ago. 

ABC itineraries sell out fast at top dollar no matter what cruise line or ship. They usually use the older ships because they know that they will fill them.  My neighbors did this itinerary in   a Concierge class on Beyond in June and their only complaint was the IV Veranda. 

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Celebrity doesn't use the term balcony at all on any ship. Most people can't distinguish Infinite Veranda vs Veranda and when you look at the pictures it gives the impression that the screens are doors that would separate the two spaces in order to control the temperature inside. There is no mention that the room will become hot and humid or cold and damp.

Do you think that Celebrity could do a better job explaining what an IV is?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you think that Celebrity could do a better job explaining what an IV is?

There is plenty of information on this site and videos on YouTube. You should do research. My friend viewed all of the YouTube videos and knew what he was booking. He has lived in Florida for over 20yrs and he didn't think it would bother him. Me on the other hand knows that if I touch a flame it's going to be hot.  I don't think that the marketing department could spin heat and humidity in a positive way. Well maybe they can advertise it as the flexibility of converting your stateroom into a steam room by the push of a button.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not a fan of the Infinite balcony.  Contrary to what some have said, we found the cabin tight.  It seemed  very narrow.  Don't like the idea on no true balcony. Also if you sit by the window and aren't tall, you have the window frame obstructing your view.  

You can book an aft cabin with a traditional balcony or a cove balcony towards the front of the ship if your budget isn't for a sky suite.  Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

52 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not a fan of the Infinite balcony.  Contrary to what some have said, we found the cabin tight.  It seemed  very narrow.  Don't like the idea on no true balcony. Also if you sit by the window and aren't tall, you have the window frame obstructing your view.  

You can book an aft cabin with a traditional balcony or a cove balcony towards the front of the ship if your budget isn't for a sky suite.  Enjoy your cruise.

Sunset Veranda cabins are the same dimension as the IV's, so you would find them too tight as well.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

As far as light, you have floor to ceiling window curtains blocking the light

Are those curtains movable? (In a traditional balcony cabin)

Edited by zitsky

@TGfromTX - could you take a picture and post from the veranda sitting down so we can see where the railing height is from the chair?  I know you said 4 feet, but I am wondering with that odd chair if it puts you down below the railing or if it's directly in your line of sight. 

Thank you!

On 7/20/2024 at 10:48 PM, zitsky said:

I was on Ecliose a few months back.   I thought it was quite nice.  I’ll be on Millie to see the renovated cabins.  I was surprised to read that some cabins have less storage than before the refurb.

You have been forwarned.  I have pictures of two different Sky Suites on Millennium in my live reviews and storage is an issue. It is a class case of form over functionalty.  The decor looks nice but does it work for what is needed by most cruise passengers. 

3 hours ago, hmcrn said:

@TGfromTX - could you take a picture and post from the veranda sitting down so we can see where the railing height is from the chair?  I know you said 4 feet, but I am wondering with that odd chair if it puts you down below the railing or if it's directly in your line of sight. 

Thank you!

We are in port so I’ll post this late afternoon. I am 5’8 and my eyesight is well under the rail when sitting against the back of the seat.  I’ll try to figure out how far below rail if I look directly out of it in case you are taller. 

On 7/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, NMTraveller said:

While on the Edge.  The number one complaint was the IVs.  Not many complaints on a cruise.

I haven’t heard a single person complain about IV cabins on this cruise - beyond.  Anytime Ive passed guest relations, the line is shorter than any ship I’ve been on - I think the location of the desk makes it harder to find. The entertainment is where I’ve heard the most negative comments-not bad just not what they expected. Personally I’ve enjoyed the shows quite a bit. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 6:49 PM, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Looking at a cruise on Celebrity Edge and we are unsure about the Infinite Balcony. Are we able to adjust the balcony window  ourselves to obtain fresh air or is this as I have read, up to the Captain to do?

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of booking this type of cabin please?

We usually book balconies because we do like the fresh air at times, but it seems we might not get it on this type of cabin.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

We were on the Celebrity Beyond in an Infinite Balcony and going on the Apex next March in same type of cabin. We actually really enjoyed the room. We enjoyed the extra floor space to sit at and enjoy coffee or wine. Then we would open the balcony to enjoy sea air/port. There were a few times where we couldn't operate them-ie in port before leaving on sail away day-but once moving no issues. Yes it isn't a true balcony and it seems alot more of the ships are going to this type of cabin ie Icon of the seas has a lot of infinite veranda. Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LPut714 said:

We were on the Celebrity Beyond in an Infinite Balcony and going on the Apex next March in same type of cabin. We actually really enjoyed the room. We enjoyed the extra floor space to sit at and enjoy coffee or wine. Then we would open the balcony to enjoy sea air/port. There were a few times where we couldn't operate them-ie in port before leaving on sail away day-but once moving no issues. Yes it isn't a true balcony and it seems alot more of the ships are going to this type of cabin ie Icon of the seas has a lot of infinite veranda. Enjoy your cruise

On beyond my window was locked before they released rooms to passengers and while it was raining - I noticed when dropping off luggage. It was unlocked until we arrived in the first port on deck 6. They were lowering lifeboats for excursions but I don’t know if that was reason but deck 6 overlooks the boats.  When the boats were raised in place again, the window was not locked. So very small part of cruise. 

• Like 1