Do Princess Loyalties Transfer to P&O

There is no reciprocity between them for the loyalty scheme (there was in the past with P&O points counting on Princess but that stopped in 2017) so unfortunately no, your Princess Platinum doesn’t get you anything on P&O.

Sorry I don’t know about the military service benefits, perhaps someone else will be able to answer that.

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We are US based and are Platinum on Princess I also get Military OBC for my UK service. Do these transfer to a P&O booking?

P&O may take any pre 2017/18 Princess cruising into account, get a printout from Princess with the dates showing and e-mail to their customer service.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies, my discharge papers from National Service might not be enough, Also 30 or 40 pounds OBC might not be worth the effort for a one time cruise.

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

P&O may take any pre 2017/18 Princess cruising into account, get a printout from Princess with the dates showing and e-mail to their customer service.

P&O to Princess stopped in 2017/2018 but thought Princess to P&O stopped before then...I must have misunderstood so may be worth looking at my Princess/ P& O cruising nights

6 minutes ago, janny444 said:

P&O to Princess stopped in 2017/2018

Theoretically it did but due to some failures in Carnival's IT systems it still exists for some. Foe example we went on our first Princess cruise last year and my wife's loyalty was carried over but mine wasn't!

4 hours ago, janny444 said:

P&O to Princess stopped in 2017/2018 but thought Princess to P&O stopped before then...I must have misunderstood so may be worth looking at my Princess/ P& O cruising nights

Princess to P&O stopped 15 to 20 years ago and as I remember you only got 50% of your nights.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, daiB said:

Princess to P&O stopped 15 to 20 years ago and as I remember you only got 50% of your nights.

We have mainly cruised with P&O since 2011, but all our cruises from then until 2018 are counting towards our Elite status on Princess. I hope you're not being short changed Dai. But not as easy to check the P&O ones because of the change from Portunus to Peninsular, however I am reasonably sure that some of our early Princess cruises did contribute to our Peninsular status  but dont know just when it stopped.

Edited by terrierjohn

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

We have mainly cruised with P&O since 2011, but all our cruises from then until 2018 are counting towards our Elite status on Princess. I hope you're not being short changed Dai.

No we got our P&O cruises on Princess cos we is elite. Black card and all that. No it is the princess cruises not counting on P&O I am talking about. That finished many years ago.

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 1:36 PM, daiB said:

This is correct the arrangement was P&O cruises were recognised by Princess up to December 2017, provided you had also done a Princess cruise. You can still get the P&O history recognised by Princess but not completing the genuine Princess cruise prior to December 2017 excludes most people.  However Princess cruises were recognised by P&O on number of nights only, not number of cruises and they divided the number of nights by two. The latter arrangement ceased 15 to 20 years ago as you say.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On 7/17/2024 at 1:06 AM, Tedferg said:

We are US based and are Platinum on Princess I also get Military OBC for my UK service. Do these transfer to a P&O booking?

I recently asked a question regarding our forthcoming cruise on Sky Princess. We had sailed on Sea Princess some years ago, early 2000's. We booked a cruise on Sky Princess for later this year and were asked if we had sailed with them before. To which I replied YES. Looking on Princess website and the fact that we have received Elite class on Princess I noticed our last cruise aboard P&O Ventura 35 nights last year was missing from the qualifying cruises. The answer I received was that any cruise taken after 2017 wouldn't qualify as nights taken on a Carnival cruise ship of another group. Bearing this in mind I cannot say the same applies Princess to P&O. Up until a few years ago travelling on any other Carnival cruise line than P&O you received half points so a 30 night cruise would be 15 points or nights. But that also ceased some years ago.

Posted (edited)

Strangely the cruise history (of P&O cruises) shown on my Princess account is more complete (ie goes further back) than that shown on my P&O account. 

Edited by Ranchi

2 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Strangely the cruise history (of P&O cruises) shown on my Princess account is more complete (ie goes further back) than that shown on my P&O account. 

I think they rolled up the Portunus points into the starting points for the new Peninsular loyalty scheme. So the history only started in 2012.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ranchi said:

P&O have had a number of cut off dates when the more older cruises were removed from those counted towards the P&O loyalty schemes.  Princess has never done this.  The reciprocal arrangements were instituted because P&O purchased Princess and for a short time traded as P&O Princess cruse line. When Carnival purchased them they separated the two lines back to individual lines.  So some cruises it is impossible to say whether the cruise related to P&O or Princess as it related to both. 

The reason P&O kept instituting cut off dates was because there was no realistic alternate cruise you could take out of Southampton to some extent. This led to a high number of top tier cruisers making incentives for new people a bit awkward to introduce. P&O also introduced recency into their top tiers again to limit top tier cruisers numbers.  Princess ceased recognising P&O cruises  because they used to run a very short season ex-UK then extended to most if not all months of the year.

Regards John

• Thanks 1