Condition of Reflection

Debating on if we should cruise on the Reflection. I don't think it has been in drydock any time soon. We were on the Equinox in November in the Retreat area and it was so shabby and wore out looking. (Rusty and rough railings on balcony, furniture looked like Motel 6 style) Last 2 cruises on Celebrity were both on Equinox about a year apart and we were so surprised at the change in ship's condition. I do know she was going into dry dock in the spring. We are wanting some 1st time cruisers to join us but not if Reflection is looking like she's on her last leg! Any current/recent past cruisers on Reflection to give me details? I'd like to give friends a good impression of Celebrity. Because they are not as mobile, a lot of time may be spent in the cabin/balcony. Thanks!

I can only speak for our experience which was in 2022, Reflection was looking absolutely lovely, as we have always known her. We had concierge cabins mid ship on the ‘hump’ and opened up the veranda divider between us for an extra large beautiful space. Hopefully your friends will join you and have a wonderful time. 
I think the S class ships still offer so much comfort that’s missing on other classes. 

• Like 2

Just sailed on Reflection back in May. We were in AQ not the retreat. Our cabin 1501 was nice. The ship was lovely as always. I have seen videos on the tube of you where things weren’t so nice within the past year. If looking to wow some first timers, book E class. My in laws were amazed when we took them on Ascent. They even loved the IV, having never stayed in a true balcony before.

• Like 1

Reflection is our favourite ship. We were on last summer and have an ABC islands sailing next April for my special birthday. We have sailed S Class M class and a previous Edge class with our sailing next month on the Apex.

You’ll  love her

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

I can only speak for our experience which was in 2022, Reflection was looking absolutely lovely, as we have always known her.

Ditto.  Late 2022, Reflection was looking very good in public spaces and in the SS and RS cabins we occupied.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ditto.  Late 2022, Reflection was looking very good in public spaces and in the SS and RS cabins we occupied.

same here did a 2 b2b in dec 2022 and jan 2023  loved it

1 hour ago, bluwes said:

Reflection is our favourite ship. We were on last summer and have an ABC islands sailing next April for my special birthday. We have sailed S Class M class and a previous Edge class with our sailing next month on the Apex.

You’ll  love her

From a fellow Northerner, sincere best wishes for your special birthday cruise! 

We’re going on the Reflection in a few weeks- it’s our favorite ship. We last sailed on the Reflection in 2018. A  friend of ours, who’s a travel agent, was on board with a large group in January on a special “ movie” cruise. She said  that some of the cabins ( Aqua ) were not in good shape and several of her clients had to switch their cabins…also the small theater that showed the movies had seats that were torn. Disappointed to hear her description but hoping to find the ship and our cabin to be in good condition 🤞🏻

We were just on Reflection at the end of June, and found everything to be in great shape. We had an Aqua cabin on Deck 11 and had no complaints. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 6:57 PM, mailmama said:

Debating on if we should cruise on the Reflection. I don't think it has been in drydock any time soon. We were on the Equinox in November in the Retreat area and it was so shabby and wore out looking. (Rusty and rough railings on balcony, furniture looked like Motel 6 style) Last 2 cruises on Celebrity were both on Equinox about a year apart and we were so surprised at the change in ship's condition. I do know she was going into dry dock in the spring. We are wanting some 1st time cruisers to join us but not if Reflection is looking like she's on her last leg! Any current/recent past cruisers on Reflection to give me details? I'd like to give friends a good impression of Celebrity. Because they are not as mobile, a lot of time may be spent in the cabin/balcony. Thanks!

no issues at all on our TA in 2023.

If your friends have mobility issues that don't require a disabled cabin we would recommend:

1) cabin on the hump for a squarer balcony.

2) bed by the balcony - the extra space as you enter is much more useful.

3) if they use a folding walker as my wife does it fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe.

4) move the oval table to where the vanity unit is with the long edge against the wall. Have half the table under the vanity which leaves you plenty of room to sit, you can still use half the table and the whole of the cabin floor space is clear.

I've sailed Celebrity 80 times on all ships but two of the newest.  I have yet to find any ship worn out and shabby, or resembling Motel 6 (ok I take the latter comment partially back - the newest ships and remodeled ships have some awful and uncomfortable furniture in various places like balconies that resemble Ikea).  I sailed Reflection earlier this year - had no issues.  But then I personally find some of the older furniture, even if well-used, much more comfortable than the new modern stuff.

• Like 4

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

But then I personally find some of the older furniture, even if well-used, much more comfortable than the new modern stuff.

Must confess I agree! We loved the new layout at the sunset bar on Silhouette but some of the chairs were very uncomfortable. Too low (and I am small) Then if you sat back it was a scrabble to get up enough to have a drink!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

no issues at all on our TA in 2023.

If your friends have mobility issues that don't require a disabled cabin we would recommend:

1) cabin on the hump for a squarer balcony.

2) bed by the balcony - the extra space as you enter is much more useful.

3) if they use a folding walker as my wife does it fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe.

4) move the oval table to where the vanity unit is with the long edge against the wall. Have half the table under the vanity which leaves you plenty of room to sit, you can still use half the table and the whole of the cabin floor space is clear.

Thank you for these wonderful tips. Will put them to good use if we all choose this ship!!

37 minutes ago, mailmama said:

Thank you for these wonderful tips. Will put them to good use if we all choose this ship!!

a pleasure.

Just noticed your address -  our grandson (aged 13) will be playing in his first "away" hockey tournament in Nashville next week - it's a small world. Yes we are from the UK but our grandson lives in Dallas.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, mailmama said:

but not if Reflection is looking like she's on her last leg!

we had our first cruise on Celebrity earlier this year, and it was on Reflection. I was surprised to see that Reflection was in great shape.

We were in a "lowly" inside cabin.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2024 at 2:25 PM, ladylemondrop said:

I can only speak for our experience which was in 2022, Reflection was looking absolutely lovely, as we have always known her. We had concierge cabins mid ship on the ‘hump’ and opened up the veranda divider between us for an extra large beautiful space. Hopefully your friends will join you and have a wonderful time. 
I think the S class ships still offer so much comfort that’s missing on other classes. 

Concur ladylemondrop! We are booked on Reflection is January 2025.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Concur ladylemondrop! We are booked on Reflection is January 2025.

Also concur…We are booked on Reflection September 2025…Looked at lots of options. Simply decided that the layout of S class and on Reflection the range of restaurants make it a good option. A Caribbean cruise of 10 nights had lots of appeal too and the price was pretty good. Certainly better than other options we considered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2024 at 3:41 AM, chemmo said:

Also concur…We are booked on Reflection September 2025…Looked at lots of options. Simply decided that the layout of S class and on Reflection the range of restaurants make it a good option. A Caribbean cruise of 10 nights had lots of appeal too and the price was pretty good. Certainly better than other options we considered.

1 hour ago, surus said:

If you are in the September 1, 2025 cruise, there is a Roll Call started. Please join us! 

No, we are the end of the month! Make sure you do a review to update us on what not to miss!