Email address for concierge Grandeur of the Seas

I am having difficulty finding the concierge email address for Grandeur of the Seas.  I found older posts on website searches that indicated: GR_concierge@rccl.com

However, when I tried that address, the email was rejecting stating it was not valid.  Does anyone know the latest and greatest (for 2024) email address for the Concierge?

1 hour ago, smilie224 said:

Does anyone know the latest and greatest (for 2024) email address for the Concierge?

Assuming you are talking about the suite concierge and are staying in a full suite, wait till they contact you inside of a week before sailing.

Thanks!  Many of my questions could wait that long - but one I was hoping for a little more quickly so I can take advantage of pre-cruise discounts if needed.  So I'll list that question here in case anyone knows it 🙂

The biggest question is about having purchased the Key already (prior to upgrade).  It looks like there are all the same benefits, with the exception of the internet package being included with the Key.  Is this correct?  Or are there other benefits that the Key provides that are not included with the Grand Suite?

I’m considering canceling the Key and rebooking the internet package if that is the case.  Areas we really like with the Key include: high-end lunch first day, flexible arrival & priority boarding, high-end breakfast departure day, flexible departure, and of course the internet service 😊.  So I was looking to determine if I am understanding the suite’s benefits and if they are the same as the Key (minus internet) or different (such as type of lunch/breakfast on departure and embarkation which is a big one for me).

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, smilie224 said:

Is this correct? 

Or are there other benefits that the Key provides that are not included with the Grand Suite?

Yes.

Any of the benefits of Key, besides a Voom package, are very questionable, even if you don't have suite. They make almost no sense with one. BTW, after you cancel Key, you can buy just a one device package and share it.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Any of the benefits of Key, besides a Voom package, are very questionable, even if you don't have suite.

--

Thank you again for the responses!

We LOVE the Key (but we have never done suites previously). The priority boarding and then the relaxing ambiance in general on embarkation and departure make it well-worth it to us.

The reserved seating at shows was relatively useless and we haven't done an itinerary in years that required tendering.  But those first three perks make it worth the cost to us.  I know everyone is different though!  I just thought I would list our loves for it in case others come across this post and want to hear one person's perspective 😉 I know there are people that love it, and those that think it's a waste.

From what I have seen on reviews of Grandeur of the Sea itself, that also seems to be the case: love it or hate it!  Hoping we love it, because we have really wanted to go back to old cruising experience, and the big ships are ridiculous now.  We never use any of the amenities and it seems kids are EVERYWHERE on them (we're in our 50's).

Posted (edited)

We have been on Grandeur several times, including her maiden voyage.  We always enjoyed our cruises on her.  But our last was a number of years ago and she now is the oldest ship in the RCCL fleet.  I believe her last refurbishment was in 2012, although she has been well maintained.  You indicate wanting the old cruising experience, which is what you likely with find on her as she has very little of the bells and whistles of the newer, larger ships.  Although she does offer three good specialty restaurant options with Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi.

As to the key, you are correct in that it is a personal experience and decision.  That being said I find very little value in any of it for the per person per day price.  In fairness, much of what is offered we have through our C & A tier level.  But that not withstanding, it would not be a purchase we would make.

And typically the Voom packages can be reasonably purchased individually through the planner or on board. As you are in a suite, I think you would enjoy the benefits as part of that experience that IMO would not make the rest of the Key attractive enough.  Again, JMO.

Also, keep in mind the the Concierge is busy with current guests on the present sailing and would not have much time or opportunity to answer your questions individually, and pre-cruise planner questions may be difficult for them to address.  As mentioned, they will typically reach out to you the week prior to your sailing to introduce themselves to you and provide an outline of their services to you for you to respond to help coordinate.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Concierges aren't supposed to reply to emails sent prior to them sending out your welcome email. Doesn't mean they won't, but just that's how they're instructed to handle the unsolicited emails.

• Like 2