Live from Utopia of Seas Inaugural Back to Back!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Hooked.on.Royal was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow we will be embarking on the inaugural sailing of Utopia of the Seas! Traveling with my wife, two boys (3,1) and my mother (Nana). We have two boardwalk balconies and are doing a back to back. A I’ll try to update as much as I can so drop any questions or places you want me to check out. Wife and I have the unlimited dining package for both sailings so we likely won’t be in the main dining room much.

Cars packed and ready to roll in the AM!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking of booking a 4 night for my family, we have a 4 year old. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the options for young kids and if you feel the cruise is too much of a party atmosphere and we'd be better with a different cruise.

15 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

I'm thinking of booking a 4 night for my family, we have a 4 year old. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the options for young kids and if you feel the cruise is too much of a party atmosphere and we'd be better with a different cruise.

You're right to ask.  But I think a 4 day during the school year would be less a party atmosphere than a weekend. but remains to be seen.

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Have fun on your cruise! I still don’t understand why people would do a B2B on a 3/4 day cruise, but I realize everyone has different likes (and dislikes) when it comes to cruising. 

I have done several 3/4 B2B cruises.  Even a 3/4/5.  😄

• Like 2

Embarkation day has been interesting… definitely a party atmosphere on board. The terminal experience was nothing like I have ever experienced. There was a DJ, lights, the whole thing. It was like being in a club so they are really leaning into the biggest party thing. Rooms were ready when we arrived at 10:00am so that was a positive but that is probably more related to it being an inaugural so don’t expect that moving forward. WJ had whole work up (lobster, prime rib etc.)

Sail away has been delayed at least an hour due to the global outages that happened.  Said we are waiting for at least a few passengers. NBD tomorrow is PDCC so we will be fine. 

Heading to the new Giovanni’s tonight for dinner. I’ll post some pictures soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

How was parking at the port?

Parking was interesting. Not sure if it was outage related but had us parking in the garage but spots were only available on the top deck. When we arrived only one gate was working so it created quite the backup. They seem to have gotten it sorted out but eventually opened the surface lot to handle the overflow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hooked.on.Royal said:

Parking was interesting. Not sure if it was outage related but had us parking in the garage but spots were only available on the top deck. When we arrived only one gate was working so it created quite the backup. They seem to have gotten it sorted out but eventually opened the surface lot to handle the overflow.

what time did you arrive?

9 minutes ago, Hooked.on.Royal said:

Embarkation day has been interesting… definitely a party atmosphere on board. The terminal experience was nothing like I have ever experienced. There was a DJ, lights, the whole thing. It was like being in a club so they are really leaning into the biggest party thing. Rooms were ready when we arrived at 10:00am so that was a positive but that is probably more related to it being an inaugural so don’t expect that moving forward. WJ had whole work up (lobster, prime rib etc.)

Sail away has been delayed at least an hour due to the global outages that happened.  Said we are waiting for at least a few passengers. NBD tomorrow is PDCC so we will be fine. 

Heading to the new Giovanni’s tonight for dinner. I’ll post some pictures soon.

What  makes it new?

2 hours ago, Hooked.on.Royal said:

It’s not in Central Park. It is in the Wonderland location. 

Is that it?  Or does it have a different menu? Thank you for answering my questions.  🙂 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

Why would you show up at 9:30 AM? The earliest check-in time for Utopia is 10:30 AM. 

You never know with I-4 traffic especially on a weekday. Also they weren’t enforcing check in times. Walked right on the ship at about 10:15.

• Like 7

We are going on a B2B as well in a couple of weeks.  No entertainment options available to book online in advance.  If you get a chance, can you post a show schedule, names, etc. for the various shows (ice, aqua, etc.)?  Also, is the Railroad Restaurant open yet?  I have never it seen available for booking online (and I've been checking daily).

Thanks & have a great trip!