Plus package vs Premier package

bobk57

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

This was quite some time ago but, I learned that the social media monitor for Celebrity monitored this site.  (I know that’s not Princess but I’m just sayin’)
Although I’m not a complainer by nature and wrote a very complimentary post about my cruise but with one disappointment.  We went with a group of friends to Murano and I always love to order a salad with my meal.  But, I also wanted to order an appetizer.  Apparently, this was against the rules at that time.  The waiter refused me and I asked him politely if he’d rather see me go to the buffet for my small salad and bring it back to the restaurant.  He still didn’t budge.  
Then, I ordered the lobster Murano which is cooked with bacon and I don’t eat pork. Since everyone else at the table ordered the same but with bacon, he refused to cook mine separately.  So, I just ordered the regular lobster tail.  The rest of the cruise was absolutely wonderful, as I noted in a post here on CC.  
No more than a week later, their social media monitor at Celebrity reached out to me to send him an email in which he made up for it on a future cruise by offering us a complimentary meal at Murano.  
I believe a laundry list of complaints takes on a life of its own on these sites. Recognizing the aspects of the cruise where everything was wonderful goes a long way as they know you will probably be returning whereas, it would probably be pointless to offer something to someone that says “never again”.  

I’m glad they took care of you after that. When I have an issue, I usually tell them everything that was wonderful in addition to what my issue was. I always wonder when people don’t find anything good about the cruise that they are on. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 10:51 AM, 555 said:

I've checked with Princess many times as my app doesn't work for making reservations. It's been confirmed over and over that any reservations in some of the SD restaurants on our trip are completely booked. 

Weather or not they could accommodate one more couple once aboard the ship is another matter but I'll certainly give it a try.

We want reservations at  Teppanyaki and there's nothing available at any time on any night for our cruise. The closest we can get is Hot Pot which we booked didn't really want, but booked. 

People are filling all the SD restaurants since with Premier dining it's included. Why wouldn't you not eat at a SD restaurant?

I've had to call many time in order to get what reservations we finally did make. 

You would think so and we will try to change from Hot Pot to Teppanyaki as soon as we board. Somehow I don't think we'll be able to change but hopefully your correct. 

How far in advance is your cruise?

Feels like paying the full cruise bill in advance in order to get access to dining reservations is advantageous now..

1 hour ago, Matt97 said:

How far in advance is your cruise?

Feels like paying the full cruise bill in advance in order to get access to dining reservations is advantageous now..

Sun Princess.

We booked in late Feb and couldn't make any SD reservations from the start. we then switched to the new Premier package when it was introduced. 

My app is totally messed up. I can't even select to have medallions mailed or put in for an anniversary, birthday, etc.

We did manage to have them reserve some SD but what they told me & what shows in the app are two different things.

Mt thinking right now is that my android phone to old. 

53 minutes ago, 555 said:

Sun Princess.

We booked in late Feb and couldn't make any SD reservations from the start. we then switched to the new Premier package when it was introduced. 

My app is totally messed up. I can't even select to have medallions mailed or put in for an anniversary, birthday, etc.

We did manage to have them reserve some SD but what they told me & what shows in the app are two different things.

ever try going in this way on your browser? I find it easier than the app when I'm home sitting at my desk . Just click on that hyperlink when you are in your booking and you can make resos update travel info etc.

image.thumb.png.e03bf8c9ec033e899ccde2cff0ad361c.png

10 hours ago, grimace95120 said:

ever try going in this way on your browser? I find it easier than the app when I'm home sitting at my desk . Just click on that hyperlink when you are in your booking and you can make resos update travel info etc.

image.thumb.png.e03bf8c9ec033e899ccde2cff0ad361c.png

That doesn't work either. 

13 hours ago, 555 said:

I had an iPhone 6 and nothing was working the way it should.  Replaced it a couple of years ago and most of the problems went away.  It just wasn’t compatible with apps anymore.

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I had an iPhone 6 and nothing was working the way it should.  Replaced it a couple of years ago and most of the problems went away.  It just wasn’t compatible with apps anymore.

I am not buying a new phone just to have their app working properly. LOL 😄

Funny that my old android phone seems to work with all my other apps with no trouble. It's only the Princess app that gives me all the problems.

9 minutes ago, 555 said:

I am not buying a new phone just to have their app working properly. LOL 😄

Funny that my old android phone seems to work with all my other apps with no trouble. It's only the Princess app that gives me all the problems.

Wasn't suggesting that you do anything.  Replacing my phone solved a lot of my problems (not just with Princess - had much more to do with work).

You suggested that your phone was probably too old, so it sounds like you already know what the issue is.

I have a cruise booked with the standard rate on Coral in December.  I am strongly considering adding a package, but when I look in my personalizer, it only shows Plus as a choice.  Is that because the 90 Premier hasn't started yet on Coral?  Just another IT glitch?  Or is there some other reason it wouldn't show as an option?

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Wasn't suggesting that you do anything.  Replacing my phone solved a lot of my problems (not just with Princess - had much more to do with work).

You suggested that your phone was probably too old, so it sounds like you already know what the issue is.

If that's the issue then surely Princess should be able to resolve the problem manually from their end.

I was trying all this while waiting for Princess to try & solve the problem.. like having my medallions mailed. They can't seem to do it either & now it's gone to be fixed in 3 to 5 days.

Yea, right. 😄

There seems to be something wrong with my account in general, not my phone. 

3 minutes ago, 555 said:

If that's the issue then surely Princess should be able to resolve the problem manually from their end.

I was trying all this while waiting for Princess to try & solve the problem.. like having my medallions mailed. They can't seem to do it either & now it's gone to be fixed in 3 to 5 days.

Yea, right. 😄

There seems to be something wrong with my account in general, not my phone. 

We are having similar issues. Been 5 months now but only for my next cruise Sun Princess October.

59 minutes ago, dog said:

We are having similar issues. Been 5 months now but only for my next cruise Sun Princess October.

Ours is in Nov on the Sun. 

We've never had such problems even with my older phone, if that is the problem. Previously we could at least order the medallions, now there's hardly anything that works. 

2 minutes ago, 555 said:

Ours is in Nov on the Sun. 

We've never had such problems even with my older phone, if that is the problem. Previously we could at least order the medallions, now there's hardly anything that works. 

I was told in my call this week from headquarters that it is not my devices. They know and many are having the same problems. Did not say it will be fixed.