Half Moon Cay removes hot tubs from villas

We are on the Dream next week and just got a notice ahead of departure that at HMC the hot tubs have been removed.  For the inconvenience we are getting a 20% refund to the villa cost. It’s not a maintenance thing as the notice says this is a new change in layout. Did I miss this announcement before, because this caught us by surprise. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ETinCA said:

We are on the Dream next week and just got a notice ahead of departure that at HMC the hot tubs have been removed.  For the inconvenience we are getting a 20% refund to the villa cost. It’s not a maintenance thing as the notice says this is a new change in layout. Did I miss this announcement before, because this caught us by surprise. 

First I've heard about it. That stinks, but I wonder if they were used that much. 😎

11 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

First I've heard about it. That stinks, but I wonder if they were used that much. 😎

was just wondering the same thing.  It certainly represents another pull back, but I do not remember anyone using them much (we had one time where one in our party spent most of the day in it, but that was an anomaly), the water was so darn inviting.

• Like 2

I received the same notice that they are removing hot tubs and I will receive a 20% discount.  I do like hot tubs but it will be ok without one as we are cruising with grandkids who will most likely want to be in the ocean.  I am wondering what the new layout will be.  

• Like 1

In other HMC news, a YouTuber has posted video showing that the clamshells are no longer scattered around along the beach.  They've all been moved down past the last cabana.  People who rent clamshells are provided with a shuttle out to them.  

The video also showed that construction has finally begun on a pier for Half Moon Cay.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCsonny said:

In other HMC news, a YouTuber has posted video showing that the clamshells are no longer scattered around along the beach.  They've all been moved down past the last cabana.  People who rent clamshells are provided with a shuttle out to them.  

The video also showed that construction has finally begun on a pier for Half Moon Cay.

Would like to see the work on the pier, do you have a link?

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Would like to see the work on the pier, do you have a link?

Not much to see really.  It's only a peek from a distance.

But here's the video:   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCsonny said:

I'm sort of happy about this because every time we have rented a Cabana someone was always pulling their clam shell right in front of the path they had for us to get to the water

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

I'm sort of happy about this because every time we have rented a Cabana someone was always pulling their clam shell right in front of the path they had for us to get to the water

This is actually a good thing. Last time we rented a cabana, clam shells were in a semi-circle around us.They also blocked our path to the water. Not a HUGE deal breaker but as much as the cabanas cost now I would prefer more privacy. 

• Like 2

From the video it appears they are building the pier far down the beach away from the existing tender port, so I would assume they will eventually move everything down the beach closer to the new pier location?

7 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

We just had a Villa. Everyone in our party of 10 spent time in it. No biggie, just another Carnival cutback. So no AC & no Hot Tub, but a new higher fee of $1000 ?  😛

You decide where to spend your dead presidents.  If people do not buy it, things will change.  If they do, then the price they set is real.  This is what happens when cruising is so busy.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You decide where to spend your dead presidents.  If people do not buy it, things will change.  If they do, then the price they set is real.  This is what happens when cruising is so busy.  

If only that were true!  Unfortunately, Idiots decide where 1/3 of my dead presidents get spent. 
Thanks for the Economics 101 lesson, after 40 yrs of successful business’, I surely need it. 
The Villas & Cabanas will still sell for many different reasons. Decent amount of Shade. Special Occasions, Priority Tenders. Groups. The awesome snacks & drinks provided. There are more than 20 people on each ship for whom money is no object. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, silvercrikhix said:

If only that were true!  Unfortunately, Idiots decide where 1/3 of my dead presidents get spent. 
Thanks for the Economics 101 lesson, after 40 yrs of successful business’, I surely need it. 
The Villas & Cabanas will still sell for many different reasons. Decent amount of Shade. Special Occasions, Priority Tenders. Groups. The awesome snacks & drinks provided. There are more than 20 people on each ship for whom money is no object. 

Then it proves my point.  The logic does not matter.  No charge for the sage advice.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2024 at 7:23 AM, Jamman54 said:

We loved using ours! Thats a bummer. I was outpriced from them recently anyway so this makes it easier to skip. LOL! I dont like that they are white now too.