Electrical Outlets on Equinox

SharonK

I've previously sailed on S class ships which only has outlets on the desk.  We will be on the Equinox in October and I want to make sure my plugs will fit in the outlets.  I remember the outlets being set in a circle and on one cruise my hair dryer which has a box on the plug would not fit in the set in circular outlet.  I'm not asking about that hairdryer because I know it won't fit.  Now I want to know about my 3 in 1 charger for my phone/watch/ ipods.  It uses a USB power adapter that is 1 1/2 inches wide.  Can someone tell me if that will fit in the inset circular outlet on the desk?

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Layout on Solstice 2 years ago.

2022-09-01 12.25.22.jpg

I could be remembering wrong but I thought the last time I was on Equinox the US outlets were set in like the 3rd outlet in the photo.

59 minutes ago, SharonK said:

I could be remembering wrong but I thought the last time I was on Equinox the US outlets were set in like the 3rd outlet in the photo.

I have never seen US outlets recessed.  They have always been as shown in the picture above.  Only the European outlets were the round recessed ones. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have never seen US outlets recessed.  They have always been as shown in the picture above.  Only the European outlets were the round recessed ones. 

Agreed.  The U.S. outlets were not recessed.  

@SharonK...The recessed outlets you speak of are "European style" 220 volt outlets.  *Most* charging devices these days are "dual voltage" type devices, meaning that they will use either 110 volts or 220 volts as long as the proper plug adapter is used.  This is what I use for adapting the "European" sockets:

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

1 hour ago, SharonK said:

That’s a EU outlet so a American plug won’t fit you need an adapter then you can use your dryer.

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That’s a EU outlet so a American plug won’t fit you need an adapter then you can use your dryer.

Just make CERTAIN that your dryer is capable of 220 volt operation!!! MANY people have blown up their dryer thinking that all they need is an adapter and no thought of a dual voltage dryer.  POOF!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just make CERTAIN that your dryer is capable of 220 volt operation!!! MANY people have blown up their dryer thinking that all they need is an adapter and no thought of a dual voltage dryer.  POOF!

Good point!